About the 2010 Mustang

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I for one don't like the looks of it so far. Another screw up from Ford as I see it.

Another tidbit of news has come out about the 2010 Mustang via Design Chief of FoMoCo Peter Horbury who in an interview with Automotive News said the redesigned Mustang will look smaller by design but retain the same dimensions as previous years. With this type of design Ford is hoping the leaner look of the Mustang compared to the Challenger which is 10.1 inches longer and 1.8 inches wider along with over 500lbs more wieght will entice buyers to think smaller is better.
“We have a car which I think is more suitable for the times than the Challenger and the Camaro,” Horbury told Automotive News. “Especially the Challenger–it is a huge car when you see it on the road.”
“By cleverness in design, we’ve been able to make it look like the wheels are further out, further forward and further rearward,” Horbury said. “The center line is the longest part” of the next Mustang, he said, “and the widest part of the car is the middle. From there on, you can tuck it in and bring the apparent size down.”

http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php/2008/2010-mustang-will-be-leaner-by-design/#more-1750

mustanggiugiaro_leaner.jpg

Azuress

SN95 Lurker
Reaction score
That is the Italian Mustang Concept by Giugiaro. I doubt Ford will use that as the 2010, maybe it will just be a smaller version of the current one.

J

jbailer

I think the only pics that have been floating around of the 2010 Mustang is while they were doing test driving and it was heaviliy covered in body camoflage. If there are actual pics of the car, I haven't seen any. That was just a concept car and really wasn't functional for the average person. -Joe

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it will fit in our cars, I hope they put better internals in it...

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought it was the C&D that just had the 2010 Mustang featured in it. It may have been another mag, but I saw the pics, and it doesn't look anything like that Italian inspired piece of shit.

The headlights had integrated turn signals, there were no fog lights in the upper grill, and I couldn't notice any hips in the back. There was only one small picture of it.

As far as the 400HP NA engine, it was said to be introduced in the 2011 model year.

slicksilver

forum member
Reaction score
The 340hp twin turbo V6 is the car to watch. If it has forged internals we may have a little competition for the mighty Grand National. Swap the twins for a huge single, we may see 700+ hp on the stock block! Lets hope Ford gets this on right! I'm still all over the 5.0L 4V DOHC Direct Injected V8, but unless the guts are forged, I'll pass.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back