Adam turns a [email protected] mph

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Famoso wasnt near as good last friday, as the last time we were there. I think I should have just gone to fontana for psca. We are gonna make some changes to the suspension and try it out at irwindale. Im going to have Dons car there this thursday as well, so Im only gonna make 1 run n the Black car. Maybe we can line up:beer:
If you need a driver for the Black car I will volunteer!! No I better not I don't want to show you up in your own car.

Congrats of that time the car looks awesome going down the track. Stupid Vegas Vacation I should have went racing I could have saved alot of money. I will be there for FFW for sure. Nice video as usual Paul!

Last edited:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just calculated the DA for the 9.50 run. Track is 635' above sea level, and at 9:30pm last night the temp was 85*, pressure was 29.50 inHg, and dew point was 41*. So, the DA was: 3,074 feet.

Source: Weather Data and DA Calculator.
Damn that's Fontana weather for sure!!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
so Adam.... What tranny/converter is in that car?
Unless I'm mistaken, its a 4R70W with a PI converter. Not sure on the stall, but he told me a couple days ago he was footbtaking it and leaving at fairly low RPMs (like <2000 or so).

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
so Adam.... What tranny/converter is in that car?
My trans is a 4r70w,PI convertor 2800 stall, with a Bauman Electrics computer to control it. The trans will shift automatically, but I have it setup full manual . The unit does have lock-up as well. I use the B&M Pro Ratchet shifter, which you will have to make a small mod to the console, but the car still looks like a stock shifter is in it. Im currently do another auto swap for a local guy, with my exact same setup. Should I make 2???

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well then, I pee'd in your gas tank

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice run Adam!
I go away for the weekend and you make S197 history?

You should really come out of the closet now that you have this huge platform to promote your "cause":gay::pompoms:. Of course I am only kidding around (just wanted to add this disclaimer due to the Stevie Nicks music)

BTW the 4r70w IS the way to go:thumb:

Last edited:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S197 history ? please explain :popcorneat:

In the four years that the S197 platform has been in existance there has never been another twin screw super charger that has attained a faster time in the quarter mile drag race than Adam at ST Motorsports did a few short days ago.

Hows that:buttkick:

So I should say S197 world history!

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think he means Adam has beaten the record of the previous 'fastest TS S197'.

I believe Adam now holds the record lowest ET with a TS blower (for now)

EDIT - John - you beat me to it...lol

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great times, congrats.

Man I'm old! I was watching that video and suddenly realized why there are so many random mass shootings lately. About 20 seconds into that 'music' I wanted to kill a LOT of people! Now I know why I keep a trigger lock on the 9.

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My trans is a 4r70w,PI convertor 2800 stall, with a Bauman Electrics computer to control it. The trans will shift automatically, but I have it setup full manual . The unit does have lock-up as well. I use the B&M Pro Ratchet shifter, which you will have to make a small mod to the console, but the car still looks like a stock shifter is in it. Im currently do another auto swap for a local guy, with my exact same setup. Should I make 2???

Actually I think I might...I called the shop and talked to John today..could you work me up a price for everything for the conversion and get it to me? Juswt PM me or call or email..whatever...just let me know. Thanks...Don

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great times, congrats.

Man I'm old! I was watching that video and suddenly realized why there are so many random mass shootings lately. About 20 seconds into that 'music' I wanted to kill a LOT of people! Now I know why I keep a trigger lock on the 9.

HAHA. Well I could have put on some Zepplin and we could have lit up some and grabbed some munchies.....

I grew up during the 80's, and that music can cause suicides as well.....

I have some Stevie Nicks music for you at the end HAHAHAHA

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Stevie Nicks.......gawdalmaughtydamn. :wtf:

Must be one of those Weirdifornia things. I usually have Batista's entrance music playing in the staging lanes. Or AC/DC. Or Black Sabbath's "The Mob Rules."

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back