Advice on Wheels

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
I'm changing out the Ford Polished Bullitts on my GT. I'm stuck between a set of 18'' GodSpeed Omega's (Same as the TSW Thruxtons) in Black Chrome, or a set of Black 18'' Foose Nitrous Wheel's.

I like the GodSpeed Omega's because they're supposed to be a very light weight wheel (the 20'' wheels weigh 24lbs). I can't find anything about the weight of the Foose Nitrous Wheels.

Questions:

1. Anyone have any bad experiences with the Omega's or the Foose Wheels?

2. Does anyone know what the Nitrous wheels weigh?

3. Thoughts?

Here's a pic of the GodSpeed Omega's
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x469 and weights 113KB.
05mustang20inchchrome3_lg.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 799x514 and weights 120KB.
05mustang20inchchrome1_lg.jpg

Foose Nitrous
SpeedDemon213.jpg

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
05mustang20inchchrome3_lg.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 799x514 and weights 120KB.
05mustang20inchchrome1_lg.jpg

I hope that's not a real GT500

Last edited:

Swanky197

forum member
Reaction score
I dont know the exact weight but i used to have 2Oin foose nitrous and they were very heavy. I was thinking about getting omega rims but didnt think they were worth the money, I ended up getting 18in black cobra r rims and they look alot better than the foose nitrous did on my car.

blue eye, i thought the samething when i saw that "gt500"

Last edited:

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
I dont know the exact weight but i used to have 2Oin foose nitrous and they were very heavy. I was thinking about getting omega rims but didnt think they were worth the money, I ended up getting 18in black cobra r rims and they look alot better than the foose nitrous did on my car.

blue eye, i thought the samething when i saw that "gt500"

Thanks for your input on the Foose Wheels.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I'd rock the Nitrous' over the Omegas myself... just not a fan of THAT much of a dish.

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
I think the Foose Nitrous would look badass on your car. I'm also not a big fan of the whole "black chrome" fad. Either get black, or get chrome!

06elnr

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Godspeeds in 20x10 Blackchrome and I love them! super light!
call and ask for Mike and he will hook you up! here is a pic of mine

26475380235_large.jpg

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
That's your car on their website!!!

How do you like them? I mean, one thing I'm concerened about is the overexposure (so it seems in the pics) of the brakes, especially when I have stock brakes.

06elnr

forum member
Reaction score
I love them, i have stock brakes and i just got a set of drilled rotors and it looks fine, here is my cardomain page go there and you can see a bunch of pics...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647538
I like the fact that i can clean the inside of my wheel with it still on the car...

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
I love them, i have stock brakes and i just got a set of drilled rotors and it looks fine, here is my cardomain page go there and you can see a bunch of pics...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647538
I like the fact that i can clean the inside of my wheel with it still on the car...

Thanks for the input. I'm kinda debating about CCW's as well, but those are $1600 more than what Mike would sell me the Omega's for.

The pics of your car do make them more appealing.

+1000000000 dude these things are sex in real life

Love the Alcoa's!!!!!! Those would be my first choice being Super Snake Wheels, but I don't want 20's.

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Forgeline (www.forgeline.com) or DPE (dpe-wheels.com) ?

They're higher-end wheels and a bit pricey, but to really stand out from the thousands of Mustangs with Bullitts, Foose Nitrous, and similar wheels, that's the way to go IMO.

I think wheels are something you shouldn't skimp on. Maybe spring for the built shortblock now and get some wheels you REALLY want down the line.

I don't recommend buying wheels like the ones in the above post as they always end up looking like rent-a-wheel type wheels. Not to mention they tend to weigh a ton.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back