Alignment Weird Numbers, Something bent?

Mattr89

Cars>Woman
Reaction score
So I went to the firestone for an alignment. I have the maximum Motorsports camber caster plates. I lowered the subframe to install headers I know the subframe has a very slight play in it. It can slide back and forth probably 1-2mm in any direction.

Front driver camber is -0.9
Front driver caster = 7.2

Front passenger camber = -1.9
Front passenger caster = 6.8

The camber plates both in the most positive camber on both sides pointing out to fender.

He has passenger caster as far back as he could and driver side untouched yet.

Had to install a eibach camber bolt on passenger lower strut mounting position.

Any thoughts?

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
So I went to the firestone for an alignment. I have the maximum Motorsports camber caster plates. I lowered the subframe to install headers I know the subframe has a very slight play in it. It can slide back and forth probably 1-2mm in any direction.

Front driver camber is -0.9
Front driver caster = 7.2

Front passenger camber = -1.9
Front passenger caster = 6.8

The camber plates both in the most positive camber on both sides pointing out to fender.

He has passenger caster as far back as he could and driver side untouched yet.

Had to install a eibach camber bolt on passenger lower strut mounting position.

Any thoughts?

Yup, lots of them.

Camber bolts = no-no. You couldn't pay me to run any non-Ford camber bolts on these cars. Too little torque value, too much risk of breaking the upright/spindle.

It sounds to me like the entire K-Member is shifted to the passenger side and the passenger side is further rearward than the driver side.

Finally, Firestone and alignments with camber plates doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Mattr89

Cars>Woman
Reaction score
Yup, lots of them.

Camber bolts = no-no. You couldn't pay me to run any non-Ford camber bolts on these cars. Too little torque value, too much risk of breaking the upright/spindle.

It sounds to me like the entire K-Member is shifted to the passenger side and the passenger side is further rearward than the driver side.

Finally, Firestone and alignments with camber plates doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Here is the spec sheet. The toe is a little off it was 0.05 but changed a little to 0.08 passenger and 0.3 driver.

But here is the sheet.

uve4a4yg.jpg

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
the top is what it was before adjustment and the bottom is what they set it to. and they set it ok for street driving

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Some Firestone techs are good, others aren't. your numbers look fine IMO except it would be nice if they could get it there without the camber bolt. My numbers are very close to that with slightly less camber and slightly more caster.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Let me ask a question. Forgetting the number which are very important. Does the car drive straight with those numbers? I ask because here in South Florida it is Critical to have the Passenger Side Caster slightly more Positive to compensate for the Road crown. We don't have very good underground drainage systems here. Because of that all roads have an ever so slight slope to the right for water run off. When we do alignments we need to compensate or the car will drift or pull to the right.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back