All Motor Chat - High Gearing, Light weight, Revin to the moon-

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
Still need pic's!

sorry man it got crazy here at the shop!

3v1_zps3465d62b.jpg

3v2_zps39f3911e.jpg

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, see I'm unfamiliar with these engines.... i wish I could get one someone spun a bearing in to dismantle and send off to have all the parts cleaned at a machine shop then slowly put it back together in a corner of my living room. Bachelor life, what up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Is this something that seems possible? I can understand that by tuning for meth injection you can potentially increase power and torque but in a N/A does it seem possible that it could shave time off the 1/4 and add MPH?

http://www.stangtv.com/news/snow-performance-picks-up-two-tenths-on-laguna-seca-watermeth-kit/

I don't see it shaving 2 tenths because you displace air and fuel for water. Granted the water is incompressible so you up your compression slightly but still....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
But you also effectively raise compression depending on how much you are spraying in. That is why some engines(usually inefficient ones) will pick up some good power by switching to alcohol vs gas...you put so much more fuel in the cylinder(and also oxygen because it contains an oxygen atom) that it increases compression at the same time.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
But you also effectively raise compression depending on how much you are spraying in. That is why some engines(usually inefficient ones) will pick up some good power by switching to alcohol vs gas...you put so much more fuel in the cylinder(and also oxygen because it contains an oxygen atom) that it increases compression at the same time.

That was my thinking on the matter, you are raising compression a little bit and getting more power and torque but it seems like it would need a bit more power to drop 2 tenths and add 4-6 MPH.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing Coyote Cam swaps yet?

To many of us still beating up our stock bump sticks

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone doing Coyote Cam swaps yet?

To many of us still beating up our stock bump sticks

I know of a couple of people that have done them. Most of them have been with the CJ Intake manifold and stock Coyote heads. I will see if I Can grab a list and post them up.

What are you thinking of doing with your setup?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to push the stock long block some more first

Not sure if anyone has done a direct comparison from a full bolt on Coyote with a Boss intake vs the same set up with a CJ Intake, Frpp T body & new Cai. Going to see if there is any sort of gain. I am in serious doubt I will gain much on the stock long block but we shall see shortly.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With the boss intake and my current set up I still want to go quicker. Just going to focus on all the small details and optimize everything. I located a set of used heads so starting to make a pile for a top end combo for the future.

REDS197

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has done a direct comparison from a full bolt on Coyote with a Boss intake vs the same set up with a CJ Intake, Frpp T body & new Cai. Going to see if there is any sort of gain. I am in serious doubt I will gain much on the stock long block but we shall see shortly.[/QUOTE]

Please post up the results. I know of a couple people that are considering this.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will. I always try to do comparisons as quickly as possible. Leave it strapped in, make some tuning changes and back up to 8k lol.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I actually still have my Carbon fiber JLT kit from my 3 valve. Going to make shift it to the CJ set up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back