All Motor Chat - High Gearing, Light weight, Revin to the moon-

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Scott Rob Fab mentioned a long time ago they were working on some S197 stuff. Got some info from them the other day.

Nicest most affordable Light weight alum panels I've seen yet

1488158_10151935262170415_1199666704_n.jpg

1465365_10151935262215415_2098536402_n.jpg

1472900_10151935262305415_1220619116_n.jpg

They offer them in black as well. Black will look super clean

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score

I wish i had some better pictures but we cut a bunch of stuff out of one we did back in the day.

We made this setup then covered in carpet

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Those look good

does it come with a piece for the top?

You mean the package tray? They offer a piece that fits in there nicely. I'm running it and was going to cut out a good portion of the sheet metal but decided that was for some other time in the future. Probably a few pounds to be had there, but my car is too light anyhow

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
You mean the package tray? They offer a piece that fits in there nicely. I'm running it and was going to cut out a good portion of the sheet metal but decided that was for some other time in the future. Probably a few pounds to be had there, but my car is too light anyhow

It's not "JPC light" however . ;)

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

Cutting mine out, the 13 CJs came that way. Watson Racing has had the aluminum rear seat closeout panels which are powdercoated black available for some time.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to push the stock long block some more first

Not sure if anyone has done a direct comparison from a full bolt on Coyote with a Boss intake vs the same set up with a CJ Intake, Frpp T body & new Cai. Going to see if there is any sort of gain. I am in serious doubt I will gain much on the stock long block but we shall see shortly.

The closest thing I have seen is someone doing a dyno of a Boss 302 to a cj comparison. Or doing a stock cj to a "cleaned up" comparison with the cj and scj tb.

I forget who it was, I think the blazer or something guy had his tuned by AED and they found that the 110 mm JLT was a 10hp restriction. I am planing to go with the revolution automotive CAI and SCJ tb and see what kind of power it will make with the Boss engine.

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
Link to Scott Fab? That's beautiful. Anodized black would look wonderful.

I'm still waiting to get definitive data from people running various aftermarket cams on boss/CJ intakes before I take the plunge.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has done a direct comparison from a full bolt on Coyote with a Boss intake vs the same set up with a CJ Intake, Frpp T body & new Cai. Going to see if there is any sort of gain. I am in serious doubt I will gain much on the stock long block but we shall see shortly.

I have done several tests since this past August. CJ back to Boss and back to the CJ.

Boss combo:
Boss intake, Airaid CAI, stock TB

First CJ combo:
CJ intake, FRPP CAI, GT500 TB
- didn't perform as well as my Boss setup with the stock TB and Airaid CAI.

Second CJ combo:
CJ intake, FRPP CAI, SCJ monoblade TB
- tried to run last weekend but they cancelled. Track wouldn't dry out enough to run. This combo went 10.40's on kdanner's car with the Roadrunner.

I think there are some gains to be had but what those are exactly are TBD. Should know something more in the next few weeks.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Both of these were revolution automotive tuned. If I find anymore I will post them up.

3.31 gears
Cobra Jet Manifold
Super Cobra Jet TB
Rev Auto 5in CAI
JPC ReGrinds
Lethal 3 Inch H-Pipe
GT-500 Mufflers
REVOLUTION AUTOMOTIVE DYNO TUNE

------------------------

b4ba153f-fe87-4374-b01e-042e7bc95e55.jpg

Comp Stage 3 Cams
Cobra Jet Intake
Super Cobrajet Tb
Rev Auto CAI
Full Exhaust
4.56 gears
60lb Injectors
E85

-----------------------

Its rgr cams ported heads pump gas full exhaust cobrajet manifold supercobrajet tb

----------------------​

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
These cars putting up these huge dyno numbers, where's the timeslips? Or are these those same cars that are still running 11s? I can assure you my car wouldn't make anywhere near those kind of numbers. I'd probably be more than 75hp short of that unless I played games with the dyno to artificially inflate them.
images

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
These cars putting up these huge dyno numbers, where's the timeslips? Or are these those same cars that are still running 11s? I can assure you my car wouldn't make anywhere near those kind of numbers. I'd probably be more than 75hp short of that unless I played games with the dyno to artificially inflate them.
images

I don't doubt the numbers tbh... Top end done on a Coyote should make 500+ at the tire (Stick car) With the stock bottom end.

You know not everyone is going to go all out on the dragstrip even with big hp numbers. NA or Blown :p

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Both of these were revolution automotive tuned. If I find anymore I will post them up.

3.31 gears
Cobra Jet Manifold
Super Cobra Jet TB
Rev Auto 5in CAI
JPC ReGrinds
Lethal 3 Inch H-Pipe
GT-500 Mufflers
REVOLUTION AUTOMOTIVE DYNO TUNE

------------------------

b4ba153f-fe87-4374-b01e-042e7bc95e55.jpg

Comp Stage 3 Cams
Cobra Jet Intake
Super Cobrajet Tb
Rev Auto CAI
Full Exhaust
4.56 gears
60lb Injectors
E85

-----------------------

Its rgr cams ported heads pump gas full exhaust cobrajet manifold supercobrajet tb

----------------------​

Thanks for the info. That's what I'm talking about right there. I would go straight to the stg 3 comps as well. The CNC programs for the heads are not cheap.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MR Danner have you ever used Fuel the world's E85?

I did a quick test end of last year on the roller. I knew I would max out the stock injectors but I went for it anyway. First time I used any E85 (We don't have any at the pumps here)

Left the timing the same, Dropped the air fuel down to 11.8. Picked up 13Hp I let go around 6700 when the injectors had enough. I was pretty amazed to pick up that much that easy. The FTW has a bunch of additives compared to normal E85 from what I hear. Just wondering if you have ever used it? Or tested pump E85?

Going to give it another shot after slap some Id72's on it and buzz it to 8k

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back