Dark_Horse 302 Stroker Turbo Build...Here we go!!

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
well the exhaust valves came in saturday. it won't be too much longer now

image.png

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Machine shop said the pistons will be here Tuesday. We sent them off to have them re coated. Guess we will find out lol

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Well well look who finally showed up back at home....

I need to buy a flywheel and trans spacer. I need to do my homework on what flywheel to get since it will mostly street duty...I know there are a couple different styles and materials. Holes vs solid.

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
In all reality I just started a new job... Buying Injectors are going to be a big hurdle to get over.l for the time being. Hopefully by the end of the driving season it will be ready to fire

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Hi its me again. Parts are getting ordered within the next week to get the turbo kit built. I am having a local guy do all the fab work as I just don't have the time. That being said I think the turbo is going to end up in one of the fog lights and we are discussing radiator options. The car always stayed very cool with the stock radiator and the old turbo right against the motor. Looking for suggestions... The car will see more street duty then track duty....

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been sitting here waiting for months wtf lol
Glad you are finally back

What's your reason for moving it is it a size issue?

Last edited:

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
I've been sitting here waiting for months wtf lol
Glad you are finally back

What's your reason for moving it is it a size issue?

Size and coolness factor. We are considering devising the downpipes and running out each fender wth the gate dumps stacked right next to the downpipe exits. Trying to clean up and delete as much shit as possible. Power steering still exists but I'm getting closer and closer to just saying hell with it lol. Im a big boy I can manage....

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Size and coolness factor. We are considering devising the downpipes and running out each fender wth the gate dumps stacked right next to the downpipe exits. Trying to clean up and delete as much shit as possible. Power steering still exists but I'm getting closer and closer to just saying hell with it lol. Im a big boy I can manage....

If I ever went turbo again, I would figure out how to dump a single 5 inch out the front somewhere.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Well well look who finally showed up back at home....

I need to buy a flywheel and trans spacer. I need to do my homework on what flywheel to get since it will mostly street duty...I know there are a couple different styles and materials. Holes vs solid.
That is gorgeous

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You did the wire tuck is there enough room up front there in the right side to run one big single? Can run the crossover down underneath kind of like the hellion single and dump out the fender or keeping full exhaust? Would putting it up in a fog require some hefty surgery?

Back