All you Florida folks...

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
Is clearwater beach better than sarasota?

I went to sarasota last year and it was awesome but ive heard clearwater isnt all that its cracked up to be!

Im in Orlando all week so i think the commute to sarasota is better than clearwater but i was just curious what you guys/gals prefer?

Sorry if this is a regional thread....

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Clearwater is our version of Cancun, there are a lot of college girls and alot of people there so I think it is what its cracked up to be if your in to a bug crowd.

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
Cool just wondering, i know sarasota is like a retirement community and not as really crowded as panama or daytona!

As for crowds, i CANT stand traffic, and tons of people.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Clearwater is meh. If I were in orlando I would venture to Daytona before going to clearwater. Tampa is good for Busch Gardens however if you wanted to make a day of that.

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
Clearwater is meh. If I were in orlando I would venture to Daytona before going to clearwater. Tampa is good for Busch Gardens however if you wanted to make a day of that.

I think we are headed to sarasota today since traffic is going to be horrible no matter where we go , plus i didnt drive my car down here for nothing and that should be a nice cruise!!

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
What's up guys? I'm in Clearwater until Friday. What's some cool stuff to do here? Any good snorkeling or other cool water stuff?

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I was just there last night with my Mom who is in town, did you go to the Pier last night and see the weirdo who trys to contact Aliens? If you haven't been yet you have to go around sundown and he will be out there with his setup trying to contact aliens. lol

There is a dock near the Pier as well that has all different kinds of boat tours and etc... If you like Seafood go to Crabby Bills down the road from Gulf Blvd and they have some wonderful dishes.

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
I wasn't really impressed with clearwater, I would go to tampa, or st. Petersburg and check those places out for night life and some fun cruising but you can always rent jet skies, boats at clearwater! We went to honey moon island state park, not clearwater beach so that might have somthin to do with it!

jpac811

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Clearwater has gone down the drain since the early 2000s but is hella fun either way. Honey moon Island and Caladesi is really calm and more for the retirees. If you are looking for night life in Tampa than go to Ybor City. I love it down there. Hyde Park is also really nice. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island is nice also.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Sarasota is nice, my family has a condo there. I love Clearwater beach but I might be biased since I grew up there.

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
I am originally from Sarasota and really like/prefer Siesta Key (one of the best beaches in the USA). Always check for the current Red Tide (Brevatoxin contained in Algae...cough...cough...) conditions before getting a Hotel. St. Armands circle on Longboat key is also good. Some VERY good restaurants in town. Charter a boat out of Marina Jacks!

Last edited:

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love Florida!!

I like clearwater its especially nice that they have the umbrellas and chairs on the beach already set up for you for like $15 a day. Means you just have to bring a small bag and cooler...much easier to manuever.

Ybor City LOVE IT! Careful of the Pleasure Dome those hot ladies are actually packing plumbing under those dresses.

Busch Gardens is ok....but if you are really in to roller coasters/amusement parks do the Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure package and if you can swing it stay at one of the Lowes hotels (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino) your room key from those hotels works as a jump pass at the parks....longest you will wait to ride a ride is the walk through your own personal line.

Berns is the place to eat in Tampa...make reservations and make sure you allow at least 2 hours for dinner. Ask for the tour of the kitchen and the wine cellar and make sure to make reservations for desert as well...desert is in a seperate area. Be ready to spend a little dough but it is WELL worth it and is a dining experience everyone should have at least once.

And of course the most important thing....Bradenton Motorsports Park race track. Florida has drag racing all year long so there is always something going on at the track.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I guess we're not actually in Clearwater, We're staying on treasure island. I didn't realize it was different.
Any way. We took a charter out to segment key today and snorkeled the fort ruins. I loved it, that's my kind of fun. I just wish we had had more time out there.
My buddy is taking us to down town st Pete tonight for some live music. Time for some night life:) LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back