alternator pulley nut tool?

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Ford # or other part # for the spline adapter to remove the clutch pulley from an alternator?
My pulley took a dump on the track last weekend on my brand new PA Performance alternator and I need to get it outta there asap. Thanks for any help.

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I just need to get the pulley off the alternator.
The dealers are zero help.

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
I got the tool in the mail today and it zipped the pulley right off. I found that the pulley supplied with my PA Performance alternator is not the OEM Ford pulley. It's built by ZEN in Brazil.
The OEM pulley is built in Germany. I swapped an old OEM pulley onto the PA alternator, while still attached to the engine, and fired her up.
The alternator is good to go, producing plenty of voltage. PA Performance is sending a replacement ZEN pulley in the mail free of charge. Thanks again to 'zuritausmc' for letting me borrow the tool! I've got one on order for myself now, just in case.

FordFan

Reaction score
Ken, glad it all worked out, I have a chrome alt w/o pulley on the way from PAP so I was wondering what your failure was. I went ahead and order the tool off the ebay link zuritausmc posted above.
Thanks for helping me out guys

Last edited:

2mchtoy

addicted to speed
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried the ebay link but its closed. I need to get the pulley off my alt. Also. Any help would be great, part# or anything. Ford doesn't have a clue here. Thanks, Tom

dly

forum member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat several years ago. I even went to a ford dealer who sells and installs Saleens SC. They wouldn't help. So this is what I ended up doing.
DSCF0687.JPG

took an extra long socket and just tack welded it onto the pulley. It came right off.

Plan B would be try going to a VW Dealer and see if they could help. It's a commom german design.

dly

Tiddies

life in the slow lane
Reaction score
just go to the VW dealer and ask for the tool. odds are they will be cool enough to let you borrow it.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
When I installed my friends Saleen, we went to the VW dealer and they removed it for us free of charge. Took them like 2 minutes and we were on our way.

dly

forum member
Reaction score
Saleen alt. tool.jpg

about the only picture I can find. The tool is at the bottom of the picture. It has external splines to fit the pulleys internal splines.

dly

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Brenspeed has been known to have a few laying around from all the Saleen installs they do. It's not something listed on their webpage but if you call chances are they will have one to sell for a decent price.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
If you need to order a decoupler pulley tool from Saleen the part# is 00-3105-C115760.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back