Alum Driveshaft

dstow13

Reaction score
First I have a 2014 Mustang GT with some mods. Yesterday I installed a Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. At the same time I installed the Whiteline Transmission Mount Bushing and a BMR safety loop. After getting the car off the lift I did the driveshaft measurement. And it was within specs. Everything was torqued down and blue threadlocker as the instructions stated. Well my problem is that now when I'm accelerating I'm getting a vibration (when cruising I don't). It feels like it is coming from the center of the car. My next step is to remove the transmission mount and drive it again to see if the vibration goes away because I know a lot of people have complained about the transmission mount bushing causing a lot of vibration.

Do you guys think that would be the cause of the vibration? And when I remove the transmission mount bushing and the vibration is still present, what should be my next step?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Clock the DS 180*

travelers

Reaction score
There was a thread about that and if you drill a hole in it, it will help that. You need to do a search.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
I never said all the shafts were bad, but I definitely see many times more DSS problem threads than any other manufacturer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I have the carbon fiber one, and I don't get any vibrations. Most of the time the people reporting the vibrations fix it by flipping the driveshaft 180*, like stkjock said.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Mine was a CF DSS and I had no issues on my '11, but when I swapped it into my Boss I had vibrations until I rotated it. I had no issues whatsoever with the Whiteline bushing.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
No issues with my DSS aluminum DS. didn't have to rotate it either and measurements were dead on. I do have slight vibration from my trans mount. I installed it unmodified. I get a little vibration about 35-40mph in a high gear at low rpm. Not bad enough enough to bother me or make me want to remove it.

Last edited:

Olerodder

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and had just the opposite...........I put the Whiteline spacer in while still having the 2 piece driveshaft and had vibration at between 2000/3000 rpm. Then put in a Shaftmasters 1 piece driveline and had no more vibration.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Did you change the length of you UCA? With my DSS I had a slight vibe a low speeds. Adjusted the UCA by a small amount and perfect. I set my length at 3 5/8s if I remember correctly.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you change the length of you UCA? With my DSS I had a slight vibe a low speeds. Adjusted the UCA by a small amount and perfect. I set my length at 3 5/8s if I remember correctly.

I had tons of issues with mine even with the proper uca length. I had to get it rebuilt twice and both times DSS told me that it did not appear to be anything that I did that caused the CV joint to fail. I think I had a bad driveshaft with too much run out.

I just see a far higher amount of threads with DSS problems than shaft masters or whomever else makes driveshafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Length is irrelevant. Pinion angle is the key parameter.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back