Any hillclimb people here?

nekasrof

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNnYOhL2rK4

This is a cool vid done by some spectators. They start at the top of the fire tower and then take you to the pits. The fire tower is where the finish line is and is 2.3 miles from the start line. You can get a good sense of how the pits are set up and some of the cars involved. Their commentary is hillarious.

Most of the vid is taken from inside turn 3. The very end is at the finish line.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Next event is Polish Mountain Hillclimb August 1-2..

http://pahillclimb.org/schedule-results/

Duryea is on the 15-16th. Polish is with all honesty not the best hill to spectate, but you could definitely get a great sense of what goes on at the hills. Duryea is just craziness, we only end up getting a few runs and the hill is very intense so it may be harder to shadow drivers. Great hill to spectate at.

Thanks for the link. I can't make the Aug 1st one. I have a mud run/obstacle course deal that day.

I may be able to make the 15-16. It's a 8hr drive though, sigh. I would really like to check one out to get a feel for it though.

GoinDrivin

Reaction score
I bought a 1980 Mazda RX-7 fully prepped (cage, suspension, etc...) for the sole purpose of hill climbs and time trials. I got a deal on it and sold it before I could race it. Anyway... I was watching the videos Mark posted and my wife looked at me and asked what it would take to get the 'Stang on the hill? And there you have it! While looking at all kinds of power and suspension upgrades, step one is to get the safety stuff in (rollbar, harness, and seat). Let's keep this thread alive!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I bought a 1980 Mazda RX-7 fully prepped (cage, suspension, etc...) for the sole purpose of hill climbs and time trials. I got a deal on it and sold it before I could race it. Anyway... I was watching the videos Mark posted and my wife looked at me and asked what it would take to get the 'Stang on the hill? And there you have it! While looking at all kinds of power and suspension upgrades, step one is to get the safety stuff in (rollbar, harness, and seat). Let's keep this thread alive!

Does she have a sister?:yeahrightangel:

GoinDrivin

Reaction score
Sorry, but they are NOT race fans and your car would scare the shyte outta them.

Mark, I saw you mention Strano Parts in your sig. I'll have to hit up Sam. He helped me setup my SCCA C Stock RX-7 back in the day.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
I was curious what would warm up fast enough. It's not like you get an out lap.

No. At this hill, literally drive out of a field onto the start line dirt on tires and all. Ran fastest Sunday morning on cold tires. Most are not like that though. Really kills the launch, basically leave at idle and roll in.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
No. At this hill, literally drive out of a field onto the start line dirt on tires and all. Ran fastest Sunday morning on cold tires. Most are not like that though. Really kills the launch, basically leave at idle and roll in.

That is so alien to me. I haven't run a race in a whole lot of years where the tires weren't on warmers for an hour before hand. That's a long way from no out lap and go!:beer:

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
That is so alien to me. I haven't run a race in a whole lot of years where the tires weren't on warmers for an hour before hand. That's a long way from no out lap and go!:beer:

Takes a while to get used to just having to trust the car holding into T1 at like 90mph, especially after having taken out the guardrail at T2 a few years back. :)

At most hills at least we pit on asphalt, or at least have a bit of a drive to the start line to clean the tires a bit.

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, she was a real sweetheart! The local Subaru club invited me along on their annual calendar photo shoot. She was actually shaking when she came over after the shoot to ask if she could take some photos with my car.

Back