Any home remedies for exhaust leaks

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
I'm haveing an odd exhaust leak on both sides of the Xpipe meeting the manifolds, I have them both as tight as possible. It is a pypes Xpipe it does have the slip in sleaves. Are there any home remedies that I can try to get rid of the leak?

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Copper gasket sealer is what I am going to try. What year model?

Sent from Bat Cave.

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
05 and 06 shouldnt use the sleeves

Sent from Bat Cave.

Turd burglar

forum member
Reaction score
My bbr x pipe is leaking on my 13 at the drivers side ball and socket fitting. Rtv copper gasket didn't do shit, gonna have to get em welded.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I recall posts discussing the need to replace the manifold studs to allow the midpipe to be pulled tighter to the manifold. A quick search should pull those up.

strictly180

forum member
Reaction score
im having the same issue with my 2012 and i also have the pypes setup its driving me nuts, i tighten them up within 2 or 3 hours thier lose already. ive called pypes and they said to use red locktite on the bolts, but i did that and it didnt work. my mechanic used the bolts provided with the pypes headers.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I'm a douche and didn't read. I didn't catch that it was leaking at the manifolds. I continually have trouble with mine leaking at the next joint downstream.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back