Any Members Powdercoat?

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I know I have heard of a few members that powder coat but I can't remember who....I would need a fairly quick turn around on valve covers and my front timing cover both black ...anyone want the job? Obviously hooking a member up would be appreciated!

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are places here in MN that do it but I figured I could see if any forum members wanted my business I always like helping out fellow mustang guys

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have his number I will text him and see if he can give me a deal

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We have not installed them yet so I can't say how well the coating will/has held up and I am not sure what temp the oven is set at for powdercoating vs how hot the turbo's will get.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any input on powder coating the covers and front cover blue? The grabber flat blue

he3umusu.jpg

It's either that blue or that Black

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Get with specialty coatings, he is in the vendors section. He has done all my coating and does great work.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
do you have to remove anything inside the valve covers before powder coating like the tube, baffle or the seal that seals the tube to the baffle/cover? thanks

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys have powder coated our valve covers without removing the internal stuff...I don't like to do that personally due to the fact that I want to do a real good job sandblasting them and media always manages to find its way inside the baffles and the last thing you want running around your valve train and engine is sand, aluminum oxide, coal slag, etc.

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the tips. Maybe I'll find a chemical wash... so what about this seal is what is was talking about. I know the top side seals for VCRs have to come out. No big.
But this guy doesn't look like it will come out with out ruining the baffle? Thoughts?

Or F it and give it a go? Just hooked up my big walk in oven. Gonna try these in there. Thanks

Here is the pic

IMG_20130725_204913_621_zps52f2ad75.jpg

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
You are correct that to take out the PCV neck and the silicone piece around it you have to grind off the mushroom rivets and take the baffle out. You don't end up wrecking the baffle but you will have to drill the bosses and either tap and screw the baffle back down or I just used stainless self tapping screws with washers and red loctite.

My first set I used jb-weld instead of loctite but when I took them off the jb-weld in one or two spots flaked a little so I don't like that idea any longer.

2011-02-14_13-17-49_500.jpg

fullmetal7777

forum member
Reaction score
did you ever get your stuff coated? ive powdercoated my calipers and few other things and it turned out great, so i could probly help ya out :)

Back