Any one on here ride pedal bikes??

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Of course now that I am starting to break it in I am already am having some issues with annoying clicking noise. The first ride was flawless which was around 8 miles, but while we were out yesterday on a local trail I started hearing a rythmic clicking noise that was occurring at the same place whenever pedaling (1 click per full sprocket rotation). I assume it is probably just a rear derailuer adjustment now that the bike is getting settled in, but since I did not buy it at a local shop, no warranty labor (parts are covered though). When the tech calls today to discuss the front fork replacement, I plan to see if there is simple adjustment I can try to make this annoying sound go away. Worse case, I will just take into a local bike shop and pay to get this adjustment completed as the click is driving me nuts!

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Seatpost might need to be greased. That gets annoying. If it is only when you pedal, I bet that is it. Get some grease from the bike shop, and you might want to pick up a bike repair guide as well. Invaluable, especially with the rates that some shops charge. You might not be able to do everything yourself, but most of it you can.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I would have never thought about the seat post causing this type of noise, but I will definitely give the grease a shot and search out a repair guide.

ridenfish39

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a front derailleur? check the cable that comes off of it.....it could be sticking out and hitting the crank arm on every rotation

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I checked both derailleur cables first and neither are even close to touching anything like the crank arm. I plan to do some tests during our ride tonight like pedaling while standing to see if I can isolate it to the seat/seatpost.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
After some testing during our ride tonight, fairly sure I found the click as the left pedal seems to be the root cause. These are just a cheap set I picked up to get it on the road since the bike did not come with a set. I pulled it off and hit the open side that was capped with a little grease and also loosened, then retightened the bearing bolt... And a quick test drive was click free. If it starts up again, I will just return these and start looking for a better set.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back