Any strut tower bars that clear cj intake manifold without modification

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any strut tower bars that will clear CJ intake mani without modifications?

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm, so you didn't drop your motor or have to use washers for the bar to clear? How close was the fit? If the engine moved around would it make contact with the bar? Thanks.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so you didn't drop your motor or have to use washers for the bar to clear? How close was the fit? If the engine moved around would it make contact with the bar? Thanks.

No dropping of the motor, no washers and to the best of my knowledge motor never moved around and made contact with the bar.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Hmm, so you didn't drop your motor or have to use washers for the bar to clear?

No dropping of the motor, no washers and to the best of my knowledge motor never moved around and made contact with the bar.

That's good to know. 5.0 magazine had an article where they dropped down the engine and installed the Boss STB.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I heard the Boss 302 does just fine. However, I've only seen maybe less than 5% of CJ Intake owners needing the washer trick done, and even that is like a minimal height spacing.

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies folks, and Greg I see the picture in your avatar but it's small. Do you have better pics of your engine bay? Don't mean to be a pain. Thanks.

Back