Anyone else bend there relocation brackets?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bend two sets. Same thing I didn't weld them but I got away with it for over a year in a bit.

SRTthis

Reaction score
Looking at the pics it's easy to see why welding should be mandatory. But I also see a way to strengthen the area where the OP's brackets failed and folded like origami.

Adding material along the rear strap, especially if it's fully welded to the bracket and the material is set perpendicular to the original bracket, would increase it's strength a ton.

n64xvb.jpg

that might help a little bit but id do them more like this

2005bracket.jpg

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
UMI has an extra fastener that helps secure the top part of the bracket in place. This is where the stock "sound deadener" blocks bolt up. I still wouldn't risk it with a lot of power launching it hard.

Do these brackets have any possible effects on your alignment? Should you get an alignment done before doing the welding work?

DRock

Reaction score
UMI has an extra fastener that helps secure the top part of the bracket in place. This is where the stock "sound deadener" blocks bolt up. I still wouldn't risk it with a lot of power launching it hard.

Do these brackets have any possible effects on your alignment? Should you get an alignment done before doing the welding work?

This i have heard you have to lign them up and make sure the angles are right and stuff. Any truth to this? Or can i throw them on and just weld away as long as they are on straight?

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
I have seen bmr bracket's do this even if they are welded.......cutting them off sucks.....seems to be getting pretty popular.....regardless of the brand it almost seems better to avoid the relocation brackets, not worth the trouble and in the op's case have the rear end shift to where body panels get banged up.

How?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
do the chi's wk with sway bar relocation brackets?? cause i have bmr ones and they are even close

They do BUT.....it's a royal biatch to get the swaybar past them. I had to use my floor jack to push the swaybar into place and it rubs against the LCA relo brackets. I tried bending out the swaybar like the guys from CHE said to do but I can't see that as possible without heating the metal up. I had the damn swaybar propped under a friggen arm of a lift and I was pulling big time on it. This was when I was still over 300lbs so it had some decent force and it didn't stay bent at all.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
They do BUT.....it's a royal biatch to get the swaybar past them. I had to use my floor jack to push the swaybar into place and it rubs against the LCA relo brackets. I tried bending out the swaybar like the guys from CHE said to do but I can't see that as possible without heating the metal up. I had the damn swaybar propped under a friggen arm of a lift and I was pulling big time on it. This was when I was still over 300lbs so it had some decent force and it didn't stay bent at all.

3000 lb car: 1
300lb man: 0

:roflmao:
Yea I can't see bending a sway bar without a machine.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I could "bend" it well over a foot of movement but the damn metal is doing what it's supposed to and be resilient! Damn metallurgy!

:rant:

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
The only reasoning is weak metal.......I cut some bmr's off my buddy's car last year that was pulling high 1.5 - to low 1.6 sixty foots, welding them can keep them from bending backwards but they can still twist and bend sideways, that is what happen to his.....messed up all kinds of stuff on car, as well as some body damage.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
In my opinion if your going to do relocation brackets get the che ones....only ones I have seen personally that look like they can handle the abuse/hard launches. They are 10 times beefier then the other's out there.

SRTthis

Reaction score
Yea for got about those guys.....they make high quality pieces as well. I would also recommend them as well :beerchug2:

yea... metco makes great products. i had metco upper link traction bars on my lightning. it took getting t boned in the rear axle to mess them up. and even then it was a cracked bracket. nothing bent and everything worked just fine still

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
How about the Metco's,Do they work with the relocation brackets? The pics on their website looks like they should be okay.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back