Anyone else hate stock cars?

spiral281

forum member
Reaction score
I was living at home with my parents when i bought mine, and made a deal i wouldnt do anything to it till i moved out...didnt make it that long before i put a shifter in it cause i kept hitting the climate controls when i would shift to third...after i moved out and got a house, i couldnt afford to do anything for a while, but in aug i got the muff deletes, programmer, and tuner on impulse...now a few months later i have GT500 take offs...needed new rear tires...now im broke again...and have to pay off my credit card before i start the cycle again...next is 2 or3k in suspension for the twisties, who cares how it rides as long as it handles :D

my last two cars (which were imports) were modified...after buying this car i realized that even if i were to get something faster, which people think will solve my problem, i know i will want to make it faster in like a week...even if i dont do it that soon cause of money, there are always plans floating in my head...hell i have way more plans for the mustang than i have funds for at the current time...

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn... why the fuck did you start your post with "I was living at home with my parents "....?

That's the gay road....

Reaction score
damn... why the fuck did you start your post with "I was living at home with my parents "....?

That's the gay road....

Whats wrong with that? Heh

If he's not a little shit bag that leeches off mom and daddy, more power to him.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I bought my car with a CAI, UDP and 4.10s. I don't know what stock is. One time when I took my car in for service I put the stock airbox back in and returned to the stock tune. I couldn't believe what a different that made and I still had 4.10s. A totally stock s197 with 3.55s must feel slow as shit.

06Roadstarman

Nucking Futter
Reaction score
I bought my car,brand new!I build it online,and by the time it got delivered to the dealer(4 weeks) I allready had,CAI,axlebacks,and the lowering springs waiting in my room LOL.And after that stereo,suspenssion,exterior,wheels...and hopefully next week my car will get KENNEBELLised LOL.I also had a SEMA bumper sticker on my old truck saying "STOCK CARS SUCK"

Did the same kind of thing here.......ordered the car and had wheels and Violators waiting on the car to arrive. Had both installed before 100 miles was put on the car. Got some parts in the bedroom now waiting on warmer temps.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had my car right at a year and I have only put roughly 3,000 miles and have about $18,000 in mods. I need to figure up for sure but that might be a little low. I am going to be putting a new longblock in, raising the boost, and a 6 speed swap this summer.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had mine for 10k miles then voided the warrenty.

You can't be too mad at them, it does take cash to mod. I had my 96 Cobra for 2 years and it stayed stock. Had my first kid during that time

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha - I ordered my car from Roush in November 2004. While I was waiting for it, I had been in contact with vortech and a shop in the valley. When I picked it up at the dealership, I drove it straight to the shop and had the vortech, Bear Brakes, and a full steeda suspension installed.

It was the second vortech to leave the assembly line.

Now that's commitment to modding my friends...lol:hi:

05GT3V

Reaction score
quite a few of us had parts waiting for the car before we took delivery lol

I had slps, cai and a tuner, just waiting for the car to show to get the computer code for doug to make the tune lol

I was in the police academy when I bought mine (was home only on the weekends). Brought the car home one saturday on a temp. sale agreement, that night ordered a shifter and flowmasters. Came home the next weekend, installed ordered parts THEN went back to the dealer to actually buy the car.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Mustang was never intended to be driven as is, but thought of as the foundation to build your own custom masterpiece. I drive a Pony Car and proud of it! LOL

Fugg yeah. EXACTLY, man.

ve only owned 4 cars, still have 3 of them. My first, a 72 Gran Torino Sport, fastback, from the original owner on Friday, May 20, 88, with 47xxx miles at the time, got simple stuff done to it less than a month after I got it, because shortly after I did, we had a family trip, so I was gone for a week or so. Not long after that I had duals installed. Then came General white letter tires to replace the bias ply whitewalls. That Oct, I did the typical Holley 600, Edlebrock, MSD coil and wires, flex fan, open air filter, etc.

My second car that I no longer have, an 02 GT that I got Apr 14, 03 with 8464 miles, started getting stuff done to it by that July.

My third car, an 00 V6 auto Mustang, that I got from when my Dad passed hasnt had anything done to it, but will, but only some mild, minor paint stuff. The 02 GT and the 07 GT have taken time away from its "mods".

As for the 07, nothing major yet, except for Ford Racing Stingers. But, the list for it is long and VERY expensive. Hence why nothing is done. But, also, Im not going to piecemeal it. I will gather all the shit and when I have it all together everything will be done at once.

Theres no car Id own that I wouldnt do stuff to. NOTHING is ever good enough till *I* make it good enough.

Last edited:

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, stock sucks!

I started 2 months after I had it. FRPP CAI /Pro Cal tune (what a mistake, didn't know any better), then I got a real tune from JDM. Then 3.73 gears UDP's, etc, small shit. Now, things are tight, the mods are at a standstill. And I'm fuckin' BORED! I gotta do some mod soon, however small, to keep from selling the damn car, 'cause its crossed my mind lately. Its not a DD, and being winter, it just lays around...

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, stock sucks!

I started 2 months after I had it. FRPP CAI /Pro Cal tune (what a mistake, didn't know any better), then I got a real tune from JDM. Then 3.73 gears UDP's, etc, small shit. Now, things are tight, the mods are at a standstill. And I'm fuckin' BORED! I gotta do some mod soon, however small, to keep from selling the damn car, 'cause its crossed my mind lately. Its not a DD, and being winter, it just lays around...

You can't afford to keep the car and you're looking for mods?

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score

Whre did you get that from? I've had the car 3 years, I'm looking to do cheap mods b/c right now I don't have thousands to blow on friggin' car parts, thats all.

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score

Oh my, we have a guy in my local club. Who will have negative in his account. Yet seems to find ways to spend $600 on gauges and headlights. lol. Now thats bad. :LMAO:

Oh, and to make it worse. He doesn't mind telling everyone about it

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock... Sucks. Got to make her my way. Had her about a week before the first set of axlebacks, then a tune, then a cold air, then....

Last edited:

slammed 06

forum member
Reaction score
Oh my, we have a guy in my local club. Who will have negative in his account. Yet seems to find ways to spend $600 on gauges and headlights. lol. Now thats bad. :LMAO:

Oh, and to make it worse. He doesn't mind telling everyone about it

So how does that saying go again......oh yeah

SPENDING MONEY I DON'T HAVE

ON THINGS I DON'T NEED

TO IMPRESS PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW:leghump:
As far as my shit box is concerned all the suspention is done and the blower will be on the way this week as well as the gauges. I also talked to jim jr about the short block already and I haven't even blown this one up yet.I am spending next years money already.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back