Anyone else hate stock cars?

Reaction score
Me and my bud get our cobras out tonight and go cruisin around. Finally get parked at a parking lot and just get to talking. After a few minutes a GTO cruises by and we notice it had flames on the side. OK cool, he probably has something atleast SOMETHING under the hood, righttttt???? Well, we argue who is going to go up to him and talk to him. I get suckered into it because i got the biggest cam lope(5.0). So i run over there and just ask him what he has done to his car. Just friendly convo. not being a prick or anything. He says its stock. By then i have a little slow-mo moment going through my head and the devil on my shoulder tells me to tell him, "You find time to put flame stickers on the side of your car, but not even a fvcking catback?"... I then reply ahhh man, you're kidding with me? He says nope, its completely stock.

Well, i look over to my friend and a True Blue bullit pulled up next to him. I say to myself, rock on atleast this guy probably has something to talk about. SO i run back over to my bud and well yea.... NOPE... completely stock car aswell... Had it for 6 months and has not even put a shifter in the thing.

I don't know about you guys, but when i get something with 4 wheels i have to do SOMETHING to it to make it mine. Not just leave it... well.... plain and stock. How about yall?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought my car with the Roushcharder already on it. It took me about a week to get an axle back and the addiction began...........

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
bought mine completely stock 4 months ago and have cat back, o/r x, cai, nitrous and of coarse a tuner to make it all work:thumb:

but yeah i dont like keeping my car stock. it just takes all the fun out of having a cool car if you just leave it stock

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had mine 45 days and had cai and tune. fuck stock

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I have spent $12,200 in parts in the past 2 years (I do my own labor). I have another $6,800 worth of parts going in the car by June.

The Mustang was never intended to be driven as is, but thought of as the foundation to build your own custom masterpiece. I drive a Pony Car and proud of it! LOL

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I bought my car,brand new!I build it online,and by the time it got delivered to the dealer(4 weeks) I allready had,CAI,axlebacks,and the lowering springs waiting in my room LOL.And after that stereo,suspenssion,exterior,wheels...and hopefully next week my car will get KENNEBELLised LOL.I also had a SEMA bumper sticker on my old truck saying "STOCK CARS SUCK"

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Me and my bud get our cobras out tonight and go cruisin around. Finally get parked at a parking lot and just get to talking. After a few minutes a GTO cruises by and we notice it had flames on the side. OK cool, he probably has something atleast SOMETHING under the hood, righttttt???? Well, we argue who is going to go up to him and talk to him. I get suckered into it because i got the biggest cam lope(5.0). So i run over there and just ask him what he has done to his car. Just friendly convo. not being a prick or anything. He says its stock. By then i have a little slow-mo moment going through my head and the devil on my shoulder tells me to tell him, "You find time to put flame stickers on the side of your car, but not even a fvcking catback?"... I then reply ahhh man, you're kidding with me? He says nope, its completely stock.

Well, i look over to my friend and a True Blue bullit pulled up next to him. I say to myself, rock on atleast this guy probably has something to talk about. SO i run back over to my bud and well yea.... NOPE... completely stock car aswell... Had it for 6 months and has not even put a shifter in the thing.

I don't know about you guys, but when i get something with 4 wheels i have to do SOMETHING to it to make it mine. Not just leave it... well.... plain and stock. How about yall?

Some people are just content with a stock hi-performance vehicle and some people just want get the most life out of a car as they can. Stock cars will almost always last longer than modified ones.

With that said, I'm unable to keep a car stock if I like and love it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well I admit mine was stock for the first 12 months I owned it, then I got hooked and about every 6 months its gotten an upgrade since, in fact today is about 6 months and guess what.......

GT500 pumps and pulley swap start today!!! LOL

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I appreciate stock cars. there are times i wish i had a stock car again. Othertimes i wish i stopped at the KB. So i got my 02 GT and said i was keeping this one stock...................

pro 5.0
UPR X pipe
Magnaflow catback
Tokico shocks and struts
Roush Front swaybar
Steeda Rear swaybar
Ebaich pro kit
Hawk HPS pads
Roush offset rack bushings

yea. it didnt work

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
I think I have you all beat. With in the first week it was lowered and tinted. Within the 2nd week it had a hole in the hood. That I cut myself. Now thats dedication. lol

I have noticed that EVERYTHING I do aftermarket to this car never goes well. Every exhaust piece I put on has had problems. The shaker I had to enlarge mounting holes to make it straight. Aftermarket parts SUCK..... lol. I think that only thing that went smooth was the JLT.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I have you all beat. With in the first week it was lowered and tinted. Within the 2nd week it had a hole in the hood. That I cut myself. Now thats dedication. lol

I have noticed that EVERYTHING I do aftermarket to this car never goes well. Every exhaust piece I put on has had problems. The shaker I had to enlarge mounting holes to make it straight. Aftermarket parts SUCK..... lol. I think that only thing that went smooth was the JLT.

quite a few of us had parts waiting for the car before we took delivery lol

I had slps, cai and a tuner, just waiting for the car to show to get the computer code for doug to make the tune lol

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine was stock the first14 months I owned it... course, 7 months of that I was deployed...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

NOPE---I have you all beat! When I was in the process of buying my car in the dealership---they were REALLY pushing the extended warranty. I TOLD them that I am putting nitrous on it when I get home, and that I wasn't interested in the warranty unless it was still good with nitrous on the car.

Discussion ended right there.......hahahaha. It did take my actually 3 1/2 weeks before it was actually on the car though.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aren't most of the cars on the road "stock"?

Yeah, I hear you can't keep up with YELLOW cars for some weird reason. I think it has something to do with that "Laker Gold" all over your name!

Seriously, I see more stock Mustangs, than modded.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score

NOPE---I have you all beat! When I was in the process of buying my car in the dealership---they were REALLY pushing the extended warranty. I TOLD them that I am putting nitrous on it when I get home, and that I wasn't interested in the warranty unless it was still good with nitrous on the car.

Discussion ended right there.......hahahaha. It did take my actually 3 1/2 weeks before it was actually on the car though.

Bought my car on October 29th, pulled the motor after 2k miles on January 5th. I had owned the Stroker kit since the June before I bought the car :clap:

:beer:

Last edited:

Reaction score
lol i got you all beat. :thumb:

My car didnt have 100 miles on it before it had MGW shifter, tint, and axle backs. Then before 500, it had the Xpipe, and springs. LOL Then long about the 2000 mark i put the CAI and tuner in there.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol i got you all beat. :thumb:

My car didnt have 100 miles on it before it had MGW shifter, tint, and axle backs. Then before 500, it had the Xpipe, and springs. LOL Then long about the 2000 mark i put the CAI and tuner in there.

how does that beat having parts before the car was built lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back