Anyone else read the 451hp NA 3 valve motor write up in Dec 2008 MM&FF?

RRRoamer

Reaction score
We've worked very hard for the reputation we have today and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that or intentionally try to mislead anyone. Our products speak for themselves. Shops all over the country run our heads and the worlds quickest and fastest modular powered vehicle (6.33 @ 224mph) also has our CNC heads.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

I agree!

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't know anything about the MD. And frankly, I don't give a hoot about dyno numbers in general. But I do believe that the drivetrain/accessories loss is a lot closer to 15% than 7 or 8%. And a 15% loss would be 450-ish at the crank (385/0.85=453)

+1...and the 15% is with a manual transmission. An automatic can eat up 20% of the crank HP.

However, HP numbers don't matter. It is how fast you can get to point a and point b when the two points are separated by 1320ft. Just my :2cents:.

Mike

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
or throwing the loss back in, 385x1.15=442. :idea:

Sorry buddy but your backwards math is incorrect.

For Example: Take 20% off 100 is the same as getting 80% of it ( 100 * .80 = 20) agreed?

Now to get 100 back you would need to multiply 80 by 1.25 (80*1.25=100) which is 100/80, not by 1.20 (80*1.2=96).

So for your backwards math to work, you would need to mutiply 385 by (100/85) which is 1.176.

First lesson is free!:beer:

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score

For Example: Take 20% off 100 is the same as getting 80% of it ( 100 * .80 = 20) agreed?

Now to get 100 back you would need to multiply 80 by 1.25 (80*1.25=100) which is 100/80, not by 1.20 (80*1.2=96).

So for your backwards math to work, you would need to mutiply 385 by (100/85) which is 1.176.

Well now Mr. Smarty Pants.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Now go look up the word "sarcasm" buddy.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where are Don and Hawgman? 94Tbird? The smell of gang rape is in the air.

Doesn't look like anyone needed me in this thread. Sound Guy Dave did an excellent job of filling in for me! :thumb:

RRRoamer i apologize but unfortunately your not allowed to post here and make comparisons without being attacked by numerous retards. again sorry
That is very incorrect. People on this board frequently debate topics on this board. Only difference in what they do and what you did is they offer real world knowledge and technical expertise to the argument. Not just show up and spout something off without having data to back it up.

1) Capitol Letters Your Nit Picking About Capitol Letters ... Ye
2) Got Shot Down... Still Waiting For Someone To Find An Example Of An S197 Making That Power Of Those Mods
3) Knife To A Gun Fight.. This Is A Forum... Are You Kidding

I Own A 2005 S197 Because I Made A Comparison Im A Chevy Fan What It This .. Instead Of You Telling Me What Im Saying Doing Or Thinking Is Wrong .. Find A Mustang With Thoe Numbers
Skippy.. you poor misguided little soul. Absolutely you are going to get trashed if you type like a moron. But usually it is by me. And I promise you, Dave was being kind in comparison.
I fucked up on my math and am now trying to cover it up with a witty reply
OWNED!!:roflmao:

I've been a little busy and haven't had time to even look at this thread until now. Here are my comments (not that anyone solicited them) :
1- Have all the faith in the world that Livernois is an honest vendor and have absolutely no reason what so ever to believe that they in any way skewed the results. If the number are wrong (which it's pretty obvious they are) it was done by the people that wrote and published the article.
2- I wouldn't wipe my ass with MM&FF. I have stated on several occasions that in my opinion it is a worthless rag. If you advertise with them, they will make your product sound like the greatest thing on the market regardless of whether or not it is true. Anyone remember all those big HP gains that were seen in the S197 axle back shoot out? We all know that was bullshit.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Not at all. I'm just too clever for most people. :roflmao: For anyone that knows how to use a calculator - try this - 385x1.15=442.75. There is nothing "backwards" or incorrect about that equation, you are INCREASING 385 by 15%.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
This has been a fun thread and informative. I last read it at about post 4 and just read the entire 5 pages. :popcorneat: You got to have your facts streight to post here....:stfu:

RRRoamer

Reaction score
1- Have all the faith in the world that Livernois is an honest vendor and have absolutely no reason what so ever to believe that they in any way skewed the results. If the number are wrong (which it's pretty obvious they are) it was done by the people that wrote and published the article.

Completely agree.

2- I wouldn't wipe my ass with MM&FF. I have stated on several occasions that in my opinion it is a worthless rag. If you advertise with them, they will make your product sound like the greatest thing on the market regardless of whether or not it is true. Anyone remember all those big HP gains that were seen in the S197 axle back shoot out? We all know that was bullshit.

More and more, that is the direction I am headed as well. I definitely do NOT trust any numbers they print, but in the past I thought they at least had some good information in general. That is changing with every fucked up article they print.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back