Anyone here watch collectors ?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I love watches. I have two "nice" ones, and no pictures. Both were given to me by my Dad. 1 Rolex, and 1 Tag, both i broke and havent had them repaired yet.

Most of all my watches are Diesel brand.

This will be my next one.
28000163CJ_14_f.jpg

I had this one, until someone decided to break into my Tahoe and steal it.
28000024GT_14_f.jpg

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
I have been collecting watches for the past 10 years - very addictive. Here is my collection to date.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 49
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I love watches. I have two "nice" ones, and no pictures. Both were given to me by my Dad. 1 Rolex, and 1 Tag, both i broke and havent had them repaired yet.

Most of all my watches are Diesel brand.

This will be my next one.
28000163CJ_14_f.jpg

I had this one, until someone decided to break into my Tahoe and steal it.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with them?

I like that Diesel watch :thumb:

I have been collecting watches for the past 10 years - very addictive. Here is my collection to date.

Daaaaaamn! Impressive indeed! :beer:

Is that a watch winder box?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what is wrong with them?

I like that Diesel watch :thumb:

I broke the band on the Rolex playing basketball. I was younger and had no idea what the watch was worth. I was a freshman in high school and just thought it was a nice watch, and then my dad informed me with a few small details about the watch.

Some how i broke the wind up on the Tag. Both are just sitting collecting dust in my jewelry box along with 3 or 4 fossil watches and my wedding band.

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
Thanks. No it is not a watch winder box, but a do have 2 single ones. The automatic watches I have to constantly set when I wear them.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Thanks. No it is not a watch winder box, but a do have 2 single ones. The automatic watches I have to constantly set when I wear them.

I'm sure you know, but it is much better for the workings of the watch if they are always running and, of course, that they are serviced at the manufacturers recommended time intervals.

It can be an expensive hobby, the services of my IWC Omega (maintenance service every 2 years and a full service every 5 years) cost more than most people spend on a watch! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
I'm sure you know, but it is much better for the workings of the watch if they are always running and, of course, that they are serviced at the manufacturers recommended time intervals.

It can be an expensive hobby, the services of my IWC Omega (maintenance service every 2 years and a full service every 5 years) cost more than most people spend on a watch! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very true and I have been guilty of skipping the full 5 year service after shelling out the cash for a couple of them.

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the bulk of my collection. All Invictas but one Guess that looks like a Movado.

Invicta5.jpg

Invicta10.jpg

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice how do you like invictas ? mine worked well for a while until I took it in the water and crapped out on me needless to say their not water proof

I have had pretty good luck with them. Only one issue so far. There are levels of quality in their lines. The ones under a hundred can be hit or miss. Those over a hundred are generally pretty decent for the money. I think the dive watches with the screw down crowns are pretty water tight. They are rated from 200 to 500 meters.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Man, I'm afraid to buy invicta's man. No way they can hold value. Shit, you see some at jewelry stores going for 800+, then some at sams club in glass cases for 200-300 then you go to tjmaxxx or some crap and see ones that have 1000$+ msrp's on them selling for 50 bucks.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I've never bought invicta watches. Just know some sell for a lot of cash. I'm sure there's probably a reason they're selling those for so low a price

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I'm afraid to buy invicta's man. No way they can hold value. Shit, you see some at jewelry stores going for 800+, then some at sams club in glass cases for 200-300 then you go to tjmaxxx or some crap and see ones that have 1000$+ msrp's on them selling for 50 bucks.

I dont think they make any that I would consider an investment. $250 was the most I have paid for one. They have one or two models i MIGHT pay $500 for but only if there were no more parts on my dream sheet for the Mustang, or any more guns that I needed or parts for the Harley..you get the idea. They offer a wide range of choices, from all swiss parts and swiss made to japanese quartz movements. I did not buy any of them for an investment, only because I love watches and dont have an ass load of money.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
One of these or maybe both will probably be my next purchase. Possibly trade up the bell & ross to a panerai.

51K28-bCsSL._SY445_.jpg

Or

81fv06Tr9OL._SL1500_.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back