anyone looking to do a gt500 and looking for a donor car?

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I signed into the site to see other pictures and even ones with front end damage the hoods are open to show the damage. It doens't look like the hood or fenders have any heat damage though. I'd be interested, but not going to gamble on it.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I signed into the site to see other pictures and even ones with front end damage the hoods are open to show the damage. It doens't look like the hood or fenders have any heat damage though. I'd be interested, but not going to gamble on it.

How do the motor, SC, other plastic parts in the engine bay, and the wiring harness look like?

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
i showed you all the pics which are on the site...no coparts would not take more pics...it is just another car to them and they sell 1000s a day. one of the guys from here said he worked 5 min from there. if he has an acct with copart he can go preview the car and take all the pics he wants to his hearts content.

anyone else here have a dealer copart acct here besides me???

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
figures... something to hide, I'm sure.

there is nothing to hide. think about this. if you are the guy taking pics what lever are you going to pull from a burned car to pop the hood. that is why the grill was probably yanked off to try and get to the release lever. they gave up and just took the pics they could

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
there is nothing to hide. think about this. if you are the guy taking pics what lever are you going to pull from a burned car to pop the hood. that is why the grill was probably yanked off to try and get to the release lever. they gave up and just took the pics they could

Yea, I assumed the same thing. I wish I had the guts to bid on it, but it's far from me and too much of a gamble. Someone may get a good deal.

I am registered with another company that bids on them for you.

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
but with them ya pay a fee!!!! isnt the fee like 200-300 on top of the sale price or is the fee based on the sale price?

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i showed you all the pics which are on the site...no coparts would not take more pics...it is just another car to them and they sell 1000s a day. one of the guys from here said he worked 5 min from there. if he has an acct with copart he can go preview the car and take all the pics he wants to his hearts content.

anyone else here have a dealer copart acct here besides me???

Who works 5 mins from there? Would be great to have a first hand idea on what the engine loooks like. I just paid the $25 and registered as a "member", which I think allows me to bid, but if I'm wrong I'd sure appreciate your help!

but with them ya pay a fee!!!! isnt the fee like 200-300 on top of the sale price or is the fee based on the sale price?

What would you charge to do this? Wonder how much it would cost to ship this to Houston.

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
paying the 25 would not allow you to buy this car...from what copart told me(cuz i called to find out) would all me to bid on clean title cars. well this one is not clean title obviously so i would use my primary acct. if you are really thinking about it PM me your number and I will call ya in a bit and we will go thru the details

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How do I do a country-wide search on Copart with a keyword like "Shelby", or "GT500" so I can find another salvage one?

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
paying the 25 would not allow you to buy this car...from what copart told me(cuz i called to find out) would all me to bid on clean title cars. well this one is not clean title obviously so i would use my primary acct. if you are really thinking about it PM me your number and I will call ya in a bit and we will go thru the details

Before I would get serious about this car I'd have to know what under the hood looks like...it would be nice to have hood and front fascia, but the motor is what I'm most interesrted in...

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
what i do is a search for 2005 - current for all mustangs and just sort thru them

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
18557389_1X.JPG

18557389_7X.JPG

Lot Number: 18557389 Virtual Sale Starts : MONDAY 12/07/2009 at 12:00 PM EST Pick Up Location : FL - MIAMI CENTRAL Sale Date : 12/07/09 Description : 2007 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 Color : BLACK VIN : 1ZVHT88S875 ACV : $39,318 USD Repair Cost : $36,498 USD Title Type : CERTIFICATE OF DESTRUCTION Odometer : 6132 A Primary Damage : FRONT END Secondary Damage :
Keys: YES Current Bid: $5,300 USD

Last edited:

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit - that address is less than 5 minutes away from where I work.
12020 US HIGHWAY 301 SOUTH RIVERVIEW, FL 33578 I'll try and go take a look at it next week.
Preview and preliminary bidding are available one day prior to the sale day and until one hour before the start of the virtual sale. I would like to see the condition under the hood.

do you have a way to go see if the engine is completely in tact?

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
click on member home, then "search & bid, then car finder, the ford, then drop down mustang, 2005 start, 2009 end, then zip code, then go

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back