Anyone run Eibach R1 or R2 coilovers?

Alex_5.0

Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback on the Eibach R1 or R2 coilovers. Anyone here run them? Thoughts? Comments? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Alex

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I came across a really good deal on some R2's but passed them up in favor of less adjustable KW's because I know KW's can handle the track abuse mixed with daily driving.

Personally, it would always be in the back of my mind that they're eibach's and I feel like I would have less confidence in the system.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I'd steer clear. The Eibachs have a massive collar/swaybar endlink mount around the middle that eats up roughly an inch of inboard wheel/tire clearance, which makes an 11" or a 10" that you can rotate untenable. Quality is intermittently suspect as well.

11014852_1183170975033055_2755629764054516764_n.jpg

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I never understood that, it's cheaper to CNC machine a bracket than weld on a couple tiny wings?

I guess they can make the bracket somewhat universal.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
For the price of the R2's there are so many other options that work as well as or better. Ground Control, KW, ST, to name three.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I was pondering the Eibach coilovers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I think the R2's are great.

I have thousands of hours of track time and used to be a suspension engineer. But what do I know?

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Yes but your R2s aren't stock. If you find a good deal and can make the necessary mods no reason to stay away.

Alex_5.0

Reaction score
Do you by chance have a pic of the sway bar mount and how you mounted your canisters? Would greatly appreciate it!

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We've seen a few sets of Eibachs here at our shop. The guys that just rolled around on them were fine, if they didn't have a lot of miles.

B61G6396-M.jpg

They look pretty, but I am suspect of their reliability and performance. Many of the folks we saw that raced on these ended up with exploded, bent, or leaking junk. But your results may vary...

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
We've seen a few sets of Eibachs here at our shop. The guys that just rolled around on them were fine, if they didn't have a lot of miles.

B61G6396-M.jpg

They look pretty, but I am suspect of their reliability and performance. Many of the folks we saw that raced on these ended up with exploded, bent, or leaking junk. But your results may vary...

You're a well known R2 hater. Considering you have pictures of everything in the world I would think you would have some to back up all the hate. Or any facts at all.

Just sayin

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
So Eibach R1's and Eibach R2's are not both Eibach products?

You really think Terry would just make up stories about this stuff, too be a hater? If there's anyone data and results driven on this board....it's Terry.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So Eibach R1's and Eibach R2's are not both Eibach products?

You really think Terry would just make up stories about this stuff, too be a hater? If there's anyone data and results driven on this board....it's Terry.

Eibach makes the R2's. Simone else makes the others for them. I think it's KW.

I'm not accusing Terry of anything but being a Eibach hater and not backing that up with anything but heresy. For a guy who has pictures of everything I find it odd that he doesn't have pictures of failed R2's.

Additionally Terry is constantly comparing R2's to much more expensive dampers and then says the R2's are low in quality. Well, the same sort of comparison could be made with any product.

He clearly hates them. I would like to know the specifics on why. He has never provided these specifics.

Last edited:
Back