Anyone with ESC Issues?

Chente_04

forum member
Reaction score
I havent been able to find much info on the subject. But last night while pulling out of a gas station my ESC just kicked on for no reason. The light indicator came on, and I could feel the car slowing down and the steering different. Pulled over to the side to see if it was a flat tire or something, but everything looked ok. While driving home (about a 5 min drive) It came on twice again. All of this happened on clear paved roads under normal acceleration at about 40MPH.

Looking at the manual the ESC can be fully disabled, but I would still like to have it serviced if possible.

Does anyone have similar issues?

My car is stock minus LT headers and a tune that ive had for about a hear and a half.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me right after I bought my car. You drove through some diesel fuel or spilled oil at the gas station. That crap got on the tires and made them slippery, so traction control intervened.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me right after I bought my car. You drove through some diesel fuel or spilled oil at the gas station. That crap got on the tires and made them slippery, so traction control intervened.

Surely very possible. Minimally get it scanned and the system cleared in case it set a code!

Chente_04

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I took it to Ford and they couldn't find anything wrong or any codes. Been driving it since Monday and over 120 miles and no other incident. So hopefully everything is good now because I just got some more car parts in :)

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score

Yup. Me too. Pulling on the highway again after refueling at a truck stop sort of place. Car freaked out (lights, pulling power, etc.). Pulled over and inspected the tires and could see nothing wrong. Started going again and everything was fine. My only guess was that I rolled through some oil or fuel. Probably what happened to the OP as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back