APEX Travels to The SCCA Runoffs

ApexRaceParts

forum member
Reaction score
The APEX Race Parts team had the amazing opportunity to follow the journey of the DIG Motorsports Racing Team as they compete in the T2 Class at the 2018 SCCA Runoffs at Sonoma Raceway. This racing team is comprised of four SpecMustangs driven by Beau Borders, Roger Eagleton, David Ray and Troy Ermish. APEX is one of the official wheels of SpecMustang and these cars run our 18×10″ ET43 EC-7 wheels – direct fit, lightweight with superior brake clearance. It was a hard fought battle with some of the nation’s top drivers. Watch our video as we get inside the paddock with the DIG racing team as they prepare during qualifying and lead up to the adrenaline filled championship race on Sunday.

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
Great video - thanks for sharing. It would be interesting to know what type engines they are running in those S197’s.

ApexRaceParts

forum member
Reaction score
Great Video. Hope to be there someday myself. I had the pleasure of meeting David Ray at Pocono HOD last summer.

Great video - thanks for sharing. It would be interesting to know what type engines they are running in those S197’s.

Thanks fellas! The Spec Mustang cars run a "sealed" 4.6 3v but can add headers, intakes, stuff like that and there is a whp/wtq limit. Here's a link to the rules, it's a pretty cool build they have going on.

https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.ne...2/SMGRules_2016_Proposed.11715.pdf?1447083674

- Cory

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for posting the rules. To do all the modifications allowed would be rather expensive, I would think. I’m surprised they are limited to 315 RWHP. Makes their driving performances that much more impressive!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for posting the rules. To do all the modifications allowed would be rather expensive, I would think. I’m surprised they are limited to 315 RWHP. Makes their driving performances that much more impressive!
I'm sure that showcasing driver talent is a primary aim, if not THE primary aim.

Norm

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. I wish I could catch these races on television or live even.

ApexRaceParts

forum member
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. I wish I could catch these races on television or live even.

It's a great series to watch, but sadly doesn't get much coverage. Very light-hearted atmosphere despite the fierce competition.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back