Back in a GT500. Shelby #5 build time.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
LMAO! Should of kept the GO wrapped one from the start!!

I'm trying to make a deal on an 08 GO GT500 right now from a dealer.

Don't remind me, I still miss that damn car every day. :(
You'll love a GT500, it's a completely different experience than a GT.

Congrats! Nice choice in colors too!

I'd love to hear what you prefer between the 07-09 and 11-12 models. The prices are still dropping, so the 11-12s are becoming affordable, and the 07-09s are becoming VERY affordable!

The 11+ models are more refined, while the 07-09 are just raw. With the 2011+ you get the electronic power steering, which I'm not that fond of. I do like the newer interior, especially the NAV screen, but that's something I can get over. It's all about what you prefer, the raw feeling or refined feeling. Also, I never did like the rear end of a 2010+ Mustang.

I'm in a similar boat and want to go back to the '05-09 gen w/either another Bullitt or GT500. I test drove the latter about a month ago and fell for the supercharger whine & power- pretty awesome. I'm now shopping for a white w/blue or blue w/white '08-09 GT500 but have to sell my '14 GT first.

Good luck w/your new-to-you ride.
Lee

I'd definitely say go for the GT500. Making awesome power is so cheap!

Go drive your car, get outta here!

Wow, congrats!
As far as blowers, don't discount the cheaper '13-'14 TVS's ... With some light elbow porting and a smaller pulley they can put down some nasty numbers

I know those are always a good option, I had one on my 2012 GT500. Just a matter of what I end up with a good deal on I guess.

Stop selling them!!!

Congrats

I can't help it. It's a sickness.

Congrats! I dig the color combo. Why no stripes on the rear bumper cover?

I must say, I just can't imagine stepping down from a '13 back to an '08. To me, that'd be like stepping down from a Coyote to a 3V.

I'm not sure what's up with the stripes, they don't look factory. Stripes are the first thing to go. I never liked the striped look. I had quite a few problems out of my 13, mostly because the previous owner was an idiot, though.

MAN YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. That is awesome. Congrats! I have had my little GT for almost 5 years, which is about 5 times as long as any other vehicle I have had. Hell I bought an F250 4 months ago, and now I am already looking to sell it.

5 years is just too much. Not sure what I'll do if I ever get married. I can't just swap wives out every year...or maybe I can? :)

I was just busting your balls in anther thread about selling your Shelby! I fucking LOVE the color combo! Its sick! congratulations.

As much as I love the color combo, the stripes have to go!
Welcome back to the dark side!

Thank you thank you!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Don't remind me, I still miss that damn car every day. :(
You'll love a GT500, it's a completely different experience than a GT.

The 11+ models are more refined, while the 07-09 are just raw. With the 2011+ you get the electronic power steering, which I'm not that fond of. I do like the newer interior, especially the NAV screen, but that's something I can get over. It's all about what you prefer, the raw feeling or refined feeling. Also, I never did like the rear end of a 2010+ Mustang.

I'd definitely say go for the GT500. Making awesome power is so cheap!

Go drive your car, get outta here!

I know those are always a good option, I had one on my 2012 GT500. Just a matter of what I end up with a good deal on I guess.

I can't help it. It's a sickness.

I'm not sure what's up with the stripes, they don't look factory. Stripes are the first thing to go. I never liked the striped look. I had quite a few problems out of my 13, mostly because the previous owner was an idiot, though.

5 years is just too much. Not sure what I'll do if I ever get married. I can't just swap wives out every year...or maybe I can? :)

As much as I love the color combo, the stripes have to go!

Thank you thank you!

You know that black stripes are the fastest, right? Losing the stripes will lose about 50rwhp.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score

When I'm ready, I'll have to test drive both. I tend to agree on both points (raw vs refined and the body styling). My 05 has a very raw, stock car sorta vibe. I love it! There's plenty of really nice cars with some "creature comforts" but I don't want that in my Mustang. I'll be happy with a Paxton on my 05, but when it's time to think forged, I may just upgrade.

I love the old school styling too. Partially why I love stripes on it. It gives it the 67-68 style. If your stripes are "off" I'd redo them. It looks nice! Of course, I'm biased!

Congrats again on the purchase! It's a beautiful looking ride!

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Congrats man! hope you keep and enjoy it, if not just give it to me. Lol

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Sweet! Looking forward to the build! Congrats! I prefer the look of the 05-09's as well, if I ever go coyote it will be via droppin' one in into my 05 lol!

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
it's funny you mention that. i found another one today on my smoke break. instead of sliding the metal tab on the front fender well where it slides under the front rocker lip, the previous owner just ran a drywall screw between the push pins. /sigh...

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
You know that black stripes are the fastest, right? Losing the stripes will lose about 50rwhp.

Just throw a BBR sticker on it, it will add about 45-60HP depending on what kind of fuel you are running.

I approve.

Ditto, no stripes would look good on there.

it's funny you mention that. i found another one today on my smoke break. instead of sliding the metal tab on the front fender well where it slides under the front rocker lip, the previous owner just ran a drywall screw between the push pins. /sigh...

You won't get that reference. Go search for a member named Seer and look for a thread made by him. I think it was titled something like 2012 GT build or something like that and read up a bit on that.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
yeah i figured it was a reference to something totally different. just runnin my mouth. ha.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Well guys, it's for sale.... NOT. I can't sell it yet anyway, have to fix the clutch first, amirite? :) Time to start ordering parts though, looking for some good deals, may just wait for black Friday. Thanks for all the kind words, but the stripes have to go. If they were white I would consider keeping them.

Drywall screw??? :whistle1:

Sorry, I had to go there. :kidding:

Honestly I wouldn't doubt it was something similar to that. It ran perfect, just wouldn't stop ticking. That poor car was abused. I did end up seeing Seers old car for sale on some wholesale site a little while after that whole deal happened. They had it "As-IS" because of aftermarket headers. Some poor guy probably bought it. :okay2:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
First mod:

for_sale2.jpg

:word:

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Sooo I did some stuff this weekend. By stuff, I mean spending.
Ordered:
VMP Gen 2 TVS Blower-2.4 pulley
JLT 123 intake
VMP throttle body
injectors
SCT x4
VMP tune
Lethal off-road X pipe
Steeda Axle-back
BMR springs
Mcleod RXT clutch and flywheel

Plus I have some parts left over from my last shelby ready to go in at the same time:
BMR LCA relocation brackets
Steeda billett LCA's
BMR UCA and mount
BMR panhard bar and brace
BMR driveshaft loop
MGW shifter, just need to find a knob.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Sooo I did some stuff this weekend. By stuff, I mean spending.
Ordered:
VMP Gen 2 TVS Blower-2.4 pulley
JLT 123 intake
VMP throttle body
injectors
SCT x4
VMP tune
Lethal off-road X pipe
Steeda Axle-back
BMR springs
Mcleod RXT clutch and flywheel

Plus I have some parts left over from my last shelby ready to go in at the same time:
BMR LCA relocation brackets
Steeda billett LCA's
BMR UCA and mount
BMR panhard bar and brace
BMR driveshaft loop
MGW shifter, just need to find a knob.

Pretty much my dream list!

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, nice! What injectors you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went with the ones that come with the VMP kit, I believe they are 56 lb? I have a set of ID725's that I had on my last shelby just laying around but I'll try the 56's first and see how they work out.

Parts are showing up! Clutch came in yesterday, got around to working on it for a few hours today.

Got the trans dropped today. Fairly simple job, didn't have any problems at all except for this damn transmission tunnel insulation. Holy shit I don't know what happened to it. The transmission has been out before, looks like whoever put it back in fucked something up. The insulation just completely came apart and got all in my eyes. Had to call it quits after that.

Old clutch was a Mcleod RST, now being replaced by an RXT:

This piece of shit ruined my day:

Will finish up tomorrow or Monday. Any solutions for the insulation? Anyone removed it completely? Maybe some dynamat instead?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back