Bad Sellers

Saleen194

Reaction score
I am currently at work and I will post pics and video this evening, then you all can make up your own minds. In the meantime, I have cell phone pics that actually show very clearly the distortion issues I am referring to. If you would like to see them, pm me.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I am currently at work and I will post pics and video this evening, then you all can make up your own minds. In the meantime, I have cell phone pics that actually show very clearly the distortion issues I am referring to. If you would like to see them, pm me.

Just post your cell pics. Why would you need to take new pics?

Edit: Have you made a paypal claim?

Saleen194

Reaction score
Just post your cell pics. Why would you need to take new pics?

Edit: Have you made a paypal claim?

Bruce, I do not know how to post cell phone pics. What claim can I make with Paypal? I will be happy to text them to you

Saleen194

Reaction score
Here are some pics. I tried to upload a small video, but could not get it to work. Opinions?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
They are thumbnails. Click on them for the full size pic. Also, the first and last ones are a link to his video.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
just gives me the exact same size image, but in a box, lol

i always hated PB

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Is this better?

20151031_163011%201.jpg

20151031_163125.jpg

20151031_163106.jpg

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Because I bought those same model mufflers used from Renesis07 and I can say mine clearly didn't look like that inside. I have seen something similar when someone used a WOT box and messed up the mufflers.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Those pics do resemble one another. Looks like Magnaflow builds some CRAPPY mufflers!!! Dacrap??? I actually like Magnaflows but hesitant now after seeing those pics from SVTP that mimick these in here.

Wow. I hope this all gets worked out.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps someone contact MF and show them the pics and see what they say? I genuinely don't think these were sold with intent to rip anyone off but I can say mine (older made) did not look kinked like that. I don't think it effects performance or sound either way.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
If anything, all that will do is baffle the sound a bit. All of the exhaust "action" has already taken place in the muffler chamber.

Saleen194

Reaction score
I forwarded the pics to Magnaflow tech, for their opinion. He said their perforated tubing is mandrel bent, and therefore, should be kink free. I'll post his response when I recieve it.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I forwarded the pics to Magnaflow tech, for their opinion. He said their perforated tubing is mandrel bent, and therefore, should be kink free. I'll post his response when I recieve it.

I'm not seeing the issue here. I see what you posted but to me it looks like part of the manufacturing process. I've never looked into a muffler as part of the purchase process so for all I know my current mufflers are like that, I don't see how it would affect anything and it's not visible from the outside.

If you had purchased new then it would be between you and Magnaflow. I don't see how you can hold Kylar responsible for a manufacturing process he didn't even know about.

Since you aren't happy with the purchase did you and Kylar discuss a buyback? If you can't agree on buyback terms then it's time to turn it over to paypal imo.

If I was in the situation the two of you are I'd offer a buyback and refund everything including the original shipping. That would be contingent on receiving the mufflers back in the condition they were originally shipped.

Gordon, you don't want the mufflers, is that correct?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Wow, this is kind of a crappy situation for both parties, but honestly, if the buyer bolts the mufflers on and there's no sound issues, what's the big deal? I mean, we don't put these things on our cars for big HP gains, we do it for the sound. And if the sound is right, then the buyer got a sweet set of mufflers for half the price of new.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
IMO the buyer got what he paid for. I don't think the seller should have to refund the purchase price plus shipping just because of buyer's remorse. The interior crumpling looks bad but it's obviously something that happens at the manufacturing level based on the evidence presented. The seller didn't do it so your beef isn't with the seller. If you don't like them then list them for sale and get most of your money back out of them.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO the buyer got what he paid for. I don't think the seller should have to refund the purchase price plus shipping just because of buyer's remorse. The interior crumpling looks bad but it's obviously something that happens at the manufacturing level based on the evidence presented. The seller didn't do it so your beef isn't with the seller. If you don't like them then list them for sale and get most of your money back out of them.

Concur.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back