Bad Throttle Body?

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
So today I made my first road trip since installing the CJ Intake, MonoBlade TB and FRPP CAI. I think I have a bad CJ Mono Blade TB. Today after a 150 mile drive when I pulled off the hiway, the throttle wouldnt respond to me pushing it down and it threw the wrench light and went into limp mode. I shut it off opened hood to see anything obvious. Saw nothing, and turned key on, hooked up SCT scanner I had in car to read code. Didnt read anything, started it up and no more wrench light. It did idle odd. I tried to see if it would drive, went fine then did it again 2 miles later. I pulled over turned off engine, restarted no code no light. I went ahead and did a KAM reset to see if that would do anything. But didn't help and it did it again a few miles later. At this point I dont know what to do and have to get back home 150 miles away.
I disconnected the battery to reset computer and headed home. I found that if I didn't use a lot of throttle I could hold a steady speed between 2 and 3k rpm. On the 150 mile drive back it did it three more times when I had to accelerate past slower traffic. It did finally throw a code, P2112 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Stuck Closed .
I reset code and went on my way. Made it home and removed the throttle body. What can I do to ensure its the TB and not in the Cobra Jet harness. The throttle body was bought used so it could have been going bad. I have also felt a "dead" spot in the throttle from 1000 to 3000 RPM. I am looking at replacing it with the 65mm Twin CJ TB since I am using the FRPP CAI and the Mono blade is probably overkill. I also adjusted the TPS Voltage to 1.23, reset computer. It still does the same thing? Any Ideas?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The monoblade is great for a drag car but not so great on the street. Do you still have your stock tb that you could throw on there and see if the issue goes away?

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, hope it isnt the stepper motor... The TPS will set me back $65. Could I buy a regular twin blade TB and use the stepper motor from that?

I found you can buy a Dorman 911-102 replacement stepper motor assembly from Oreily's for around $50. So I will get a new TPS and that an hope it gets me going... Never buying used electronic parts again... ugg. FML. Thanks for the help Dave, your thread was a big help.

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't this go in the 2011 section?
yes, I moved it based on his SN (I have sigs off)
Damn, hope it isnt the stepper motor... The TPS will set me back $65. Could I buy a regular twin blade TB and use the stepper motor from that?

I found you can buy a Dorman 911-102 replacement stepper motor assembly from Oreily's for around $50. So I will get a new TPS and that an hope it gets me going... Never buying used electronic parts again... ugg. FML. Thanks for the help Dave, your thread was a big help.

:thumb2:

If you have a old TB around the TPS/Stepper are the same and you can swap them as needed.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
yes, I moved it based on his SN (I have sigs off)

:thumb2:

If you have a old TB around the TPS/Stepper are the same and you can swap them as needed.

No such luck as I converted to the CJ setup which is the older style TB with separate TPS/Stepper connections... FML

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok, my ignorance here, the Coyote has the TPS/Stepper in one part?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Why exactly do monoblade TBs suck for anything but drag racing? Is it a mechanical issue or an air flow one?

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
Did you adjust the tune? Whenever you're pulling in more air I've always had to adjust my tune. For example, when I opened up my grill to allow more air into my CAI I would get the CEL and limp mode when I coasted in neutral.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back