Battery Junction Box question for swaps

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
For those who have done a latter model swap, for example putting an 11 or newer engine in an 05-09, what do you do about the BJB? On the 05-09 it basically unplugs but the newer one does not appear to have any connectors. DO I need to swap entire body harness if I am using a doner car? In my case I have an 07 and I am swapping drivetrain from 2012. Thanks in advance for any help.
IMG_4728.jpg IMG_4733 (2).jpg

Suecra

Reaction score
Are you referring to the fusebox? I think the battery part of the harness on these models is one big slew of positive cables splitting off to the starter, alternator, fusebox etc. Easiest thing to do is custom make the harness and run all the cables to where they need (Likely the oem 05-09 is not long enough in some areas). Not sure on 3.7s, but the fusebox on the car should probably stay because you will have the least headache getting your entire body harness portion of the vehicle working. Interior lights, switches, etc. All the functions outside of the motor (Motor fuse block is green I think) is powered through that fusebox so removing it just means it would all have to be rewired in somehow. Had the best luck keeping it and powering it directly with a fusible link.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I am swapping EVERYTHING! I have the 07 completely stripped. I will start on the 12 next. I was hoping the body harness could stay but doesn't look like it will work. I will keep the Smart Junction Box and Battery Junction Box of the 12 with the 12 harness and put it all, including the throttle pedal, air bag module, dash, steering column with keys and whatever else is in the 12.
Image - Copy (49).jpeg
Image - Copy (55).jpeg
Image - Copy (52).jpeg

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Is this a trick question? lol

You use all the 12 stuff just like you said.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Is this a trick question? lol

You use all the 12 stuff just like you said.
no, it's not a trick question. On the 07 the Battery Junction Box (BJB) connectors unplug (held on by a 10mm bolt). The 12 does not appear to come apart or unplug. I am hoping I do not have to cut the wires to take it out. Was hoping someone who removed one would chime in on how to get it out.
In the pic below, the BJB from the 07 is on fender, the 12 is still wired to the car...
Image - Copy (61).jpeg

Suecra

Reaction score
If you have a complete donor car you likely want to swap most of the car over, as far as im aware many connectors are different though. If your doing a complete 5.0 swap into a 05-09 chassis I just personally prefer to run my engine controls seperate from the body harness components. Most people in here would rather repin the harness's and run with it.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I do have a complete car and I was planning to just swap everything. I am just trying to figure out how the best way to get the harness out of the 12. The 07 was relatively easy since it can be unplugged from the BJB. I guess the 12 wiring harness will just have to stay assembled...

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
for those who may want to know the answer, you have to disconnect everything from the SJB (smart junction box) in the passenger kick panel. On the drivers side you have to unplug the throttle, brake and clutch pedal connections. Then fish the wiring harness from both wheel well areas up front and across the radiator support.
Image - Copy (84).jpeg
Image - Copy (81).jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back