Beware of the 727HP Lebanon Ford Deal

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I have a customer here that wanted to duplicate and we did some extensive research. This Deal does not justify losing your complete Powertrain Warranty over. This was verified by Roush. The 727 HP Stage 2 Kit comes with a 3 Year 36000 Mile Warranty on the Roush Kit ONLY! It Voids your 5 Year 60000 Mile Factory Powertrain Warranty. The 670 HP Stage 1 Kit piggybacks your factory warranty. For 57 RWHP it does not justify to take a brand new car and have NO Warranty on it.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Who the fuck expects to pump out 727hp and still retain full factory warranty? You'd have to be stupid to expect that.

And this most definitely is not a tech topic.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Who the fuck expects to pump out 727hp and still retain full factory warranty? You'd have to be stupid to expect that.

And this most definitely is not a tech topic.

You are correct. Posted in wrong Spot. People do expect that because they are very misleading with there advertising.

The ad still shows 3 year 36000 Mile Warranty but nothing specifically about Powertrain or Blower only

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I deal with that almost on a daily basis. Even when someone adds a Phase 1 to a new car, only the blower is warrantied at that point. Roush will offer an additional limited warranty that ties it all together. Only Stage 3 cars are fully warrantied from the start.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I deal with that almost on a daily basis. Even when someone adds a Phase 1 to a new car, only the blower is warrantied at that point. Roush will offer an additional limited warranty that ties it all together. Only Stage 3 cars are fully warrantied from the start.

Not true. The Ford racing Kit piggy backs the Factory Warranty.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That 670 or 727 is not rwhp by the way, it's crank-hp.

And yeah, the 727hp kit has been advertised in several places as a no-warranty kit.
The 670hp kit has been advertised as a kit that retains warranty though.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
That 670 or 727 is not rwhp by the way, it's crank-hp.

And yeah, the 727hp kit has been advertised in several places as a no-warranty kit.
The 670hp kit has been advertised as a kit that retains warranty though.

Correct. The Lebanon ad does not say specifically and a customer came in here and spoke to them right in front of me and they told him all warranties stay. Roush says otherwise.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Correct. The Lebanon ad does not say specifically and a customer came in here and spoke to them right in front of me and they told him all warranties stay. Roush says otherwise.

They have the option to honor Ford's warranty if they want, to customers that buy the cars there.
They don't have to mention in the warranty claim that the car has a blower on it, and that might be their way around it.
Omit info, get claim paid.
It's kinda like lying, but slightly different.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

Come again? At what point were we referencing the FRPP Kit?

Let me be more clear -

A Stage 3 Roush (which comes with the Phase 1 Kit) comes to the dealership fully warrantied. Blower, Base Car Warranty, etc.

When a customer adds a Phase 1 Kit, the kit is covered under a Parts Warranty, and the vehicle still has the factory warranty. However, there is an additional Limited Powertrain Warranty offered by Roush to customers who add a Phase 1 Kit to a GT or F-150 that ties it all together covering the motor in the event that the blower causes an issue. Make no mistake that if someone adds a Phase 1 Kit and a piston lets go, and they DO NOT have the Limited Powertrain Warranty, don't expect Ford to pay for that.

http://www.roushperformance.com/pdf/2015-Optional-Limited-Powertrain-Warranty-Upgrade-12-17-15.pdf

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
You don't lose your warranty modifying your car. Just the stuff that is affected by the modification. The rest of the car is still covered so it's not like a brand new car that you have no recourse if the AC goes out or a heater core leaks or the windows stop working.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I've done numerous Roush 670/727HP installs at our store and never had a hang up with a customer to believe they are warrantied without the optional Roush coverage. In many cases I have them sign a disclosure they are aware of losing warranty coverage with aftermarket equipment. But as others pointed out, the install does not effect the standard 3 YR / 36,000 Mile Bumper-to-Bumper warranty.

There may be confusion with the standard Roush PARTS warranty such as if the SC headunit shits the bed. The complete Roush warranty for parts/engine/etc cost is $995 IIRC when the kit is purchased and installed by authorized dealer.

Last edited:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
You don't lose your warranty modifying your car. Just the stuff that is affected by the modification. The rest of the car is still covered so it's not like a brand new car that you have no recourse if the AC goes out or a heater core leaks or the windows stop working.

This is correct. While, unfortunately, I've heard of dealers turning away Roush-Blower powered cars, our dealership handles it case by case. It's all about if the aftermarket part caused the issue.

I've done numerous Roush 670/727HP installs at our store and never had a hang up with a customer to believe they are warrantied without the optional Roush coverage. In many cases I have them sign a disclosure they are aware of losing warranty coverage with aftermarket equipment. But as others pointed out, the install does not effect the standard 3 YR / 36,000 Mile Bumper-to-Bumper warranty.

There may be confusion with the standard Roush PARTS warranty such as if the SC headunit shits the bed. The complete Roush warranty for parts/engine/etc cost is $995 IIRC when the kit is purchased and installed by authorized dealer.

That's correct, Cam, $995.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
OP that is not the experience I had with Lebanon Ford. I went to their dealership to talk with them about the 670 and 727 packages. They were very up front with the warranty. The 670/727 options cost the same to have installed. The 670 comes with a full warranty at a cost of $995 and the 727 does not have a warranty. They were not deceptive at all. I felt they were very upfront with their options.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
A few things need to be cleared up here. First off I was the very first customer Lebanon Ford did a Roush Phase 1 kit swap for back in 2013 when they first became the area approved Roush Dealer for after market sales as well as Roush Mustang sales. I was fully aware that in order for the kit to be warranted for 36/36, it required purchasing the additional Roush 36/36 warranty package that cost $375. This warranty covered power train/drive train related issues that may arise that Ford would not otherwise warrant due to the addition of the Roush aftermarket Supercharger package. We (Lebanon Ford and myself) sat down and discussed how the warranty worked in large detail before the deal was reached. The additional warranty as described above was a dovetail warranty that covered anything Ford would claim had been voided in the event there were issues that would arise after the upgrade. That 36/36 warranty was effective from the original purchase date of the car, and dovetailed the Ford warranty. While Ford could refuse warranty on anything they deemed void directly related to the Super charger package, they STILL had to honor warranty on anything non related. Second the package had to be installed by an ASE technician before Roush would even validate the warranty. HOWEVER ANY ALTERATION to the Roush package including aftermarket re-tuning voided the purchased Roush warranty.

Charlie Watson is a stand up young man. He is the manager for the Roush department of Lebanon Ford. They are doing nothing more there than what Ray Skillman is doing on a larger scale in Indianapolis, Indiana who is also a Roush dealer. I have not found too many up front car sales people in my lifetime but Charlie is one of them. Lebanon Ford has not locally scammed anyone with regard to the warranty on this $40K package. They fully explain how it works. I have acquaintances who have bought the package and will witness to that very fact. So lets make sure all of the facts are straight before going off about a business you have never dealt with and have no first hand experience with.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstanding with Lebanon Ford on the topic at hand. They have fantastic service technicians and Charlie Watson is a forthright young man. I'm local to Lebanon Ford. While I have heartburn with ROUSH directly my dissatisfaction with Roush has NOTHING repeat NOTHING to do with Lebanon Ford.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

So does the optional Roush power train warranty. Vortech and edelbrock offer (or used to) similar power train warranty coverage. I loooked into all of them back in 2013 before I made my final decision.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Saw the title of the thread. Thought it said 727HP Legato Ford Deal. Was disappoint.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back