Big Sale Part 2: Saleen/C&L/Hurst/UPR/Ford Racing/AutoLite/FoMoCo & More!

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
What would I need to do for the Saleen cluster overlay to work on my car?

And also what else would I need to make the gt500 steering wheel work?

The cluster will need to be sent to saleen where they reprogram it. It costs $120 for the recalibration.

The steering wheel is plug and play with any mustang but to get the buttons to work some slight modifications will be required.

You will need to splice in your old cruise control wire harness molex connector, because according to the connector catalog, this connector does not exist...I'm still working on finding a compatible connector.

To get the other buttons to work you will need two wpt-440 pigtails and a PAC or similar steering wheel interface module.

See my previous for sale thread for more info or pm me and I can help you more.

2010Mustang

Southern Maryland Mustang
Reaction score
GT500 steering wheel price shipped is $235?

I have the base steering wheel now in my 2010.. The all black one with just the cruise control buttons (not the music controls).. Can the music controls still work?

Do I need anything else to get all those switches to work..?

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
GT500 steering wheel price shipped is $235?

I have the base steering wheel now in my 2010.. The all black one with just the cruise control buttons (not the music controls).. Can the music controls still work?

Do I need anything else to get all those switches to work..?

The music controls can work with an aftermarket radio and a PAC interface. I am unsure of whether or not the music controls can be used with the stock radio, that would likely require some sort of interface device from ford unless the factory radio is the same for all models...still could be an external interface. If I had a 2010+ I could find out but alas I do not.

The wheel is $235 shipped for both the gt500 and boss wheel however if paying by PayPal I ask for $242.32 to cover the fees.

2010Mustang

Southern Maryland Mustang
Reaction score
The music controls can work with an aftermarket radio and a PAC interface. I am unsure of whether or not the music controls can be used with the stock radio, that would likely require some sort of interface device from ford unless the factory radio is the same for all models...still could be an external interface. If I had a 2010+ I could find out but alas I do not.

The wheel is $235 shipped for both the gt500 and boss wheel however if paying by PayPal I ask for $242.32 to cover the fees.

Agh thats just it. Guess I got to look more into this to see if it will work with the stock radio.. I want the steering wheel and heard of your sale thread in moddedmustangs.com .. Figured I'd check it out.. Thank you!

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Agh thats just it. Guess I got to look more into this to see if it will work with the stock radio.. I want the steering wheel and heard of your sale thread in moddedmustangs.com .. Figured I'd check it out.. Thank you!

Just get a new radio! lol...

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Cost SO much! lol.. The entire trim piece has to be replaced.. I'm sure you know! And that piece cost freaking $400 itself and still have to buy a radio..

Hmm, forgot about that little tidbit...

This ones not too bad...lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-CAR-STEREO-SINGLE-DOUBLE-D-2-DIN-RADIO-INSTALL-DASH-KIT-TURBO2-99-5823CH-/360404759082?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang|Year%3A2012&hash=item53e9cc322a&vxp=mtr

But I do kinda like this touchscreen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-CAR...Mustang|Year:2012&hash=item20c72661ad&vxp=mtr

I will start perusing the ford wiring diagrams for the radio for the 2010+ and see if I can find any answers.

Last edited:

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Hmm, this didn't take long to find...

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2013-mustangs/657107-2011-12-steering-wheel-upgrades.html

Looks like you can provide the as-built data for the ACM, audio control module, and have a Ford dealer with IDS or an independent shop w/ an IDS to reprogram the first line on the ACM to allow the buttons to control the radio, then a simple wiring hookup, and it should be good to go! Some people were able to get it done for 1/2 hr labor which was like $45.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Reaction score
The 90mm Lightning MAF was sold to me.

Thanks for the great deal and insanly quick shipping!

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
I like the gt500 wheel much more than the boss wheel. I like the half alcantra half leather, looks better imo.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back