Black Steeda Pentar wheels?

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
The Pentars look better on Steeda site then in person IMHO...but still i can see how they may appeal too some

The Ultralites aren't so ultralite..but they are a better wheel for those wanting performance for a good deal

A set of Ultralites and Hoosier R6s 295/30/18s is about the best deal around for somebody wanting to track their car, from what i hear.

That would put some major meat on the ground..and up the gear ratios aswell due to the shorter tire...and cut on rotating weight from the factory combos.

Just my $.02

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I decided to keep what I have and do some brake work instead. I'm trying to sell a set of wheels just like mine for a friend and there is no interest so the last thing I need is another set of wheels sitting in my garage.

BTW the cars with the Pentar's do look good! :thumb2:

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I've got them on my car. I'm running 275/40/R18's on all four corners:

And the car I got the idea from (EX1's GT500):
frontright.jpg

backangle.jpg

I wonder if he needed to run a spacer on those to get them to clear the Brembos. I have been trying to find out, since I have seriously considered the Pentars for a while now.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wonder if he needed to run a spacer on those to get them to clear the Brembos. I have been trying to find out, since I have seriously considered the Pentars for a while now.

There shouldn't be a need to use spacers. These wheels are made for big brake setups.

DRock

Reaction score

Call Steeda they will tell you....

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
They will clear a wilwood 6 piston superlite caliper and 14" rotor setup.

Reaction score
Here's a shot in silver pentars I came across randomly while researching wheels. And yes, these wheels are designed to fit bbks, including gt500 brembos.

Look familiar, John?

IMG_0725.jpg

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
you bet I know that car! I'm actually toying with the idea of getting the chrome version of those wheels. Not sure how it will look against the silver though.

Reaction score
you bet I know that car! I'm actually toying with the idea of getting the chrome version of those wheels. Not sure how it will look against the silver though.

I don't see why it wouldn't look good.

Ever consider having your existing wheels black-chromed? I'd think that would look pretty sweet.

Whos chin is that on that car, btw?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've seen that chin in person and it seems to sit pretty low. If you are barely clearing speed bumps, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reaction score
I've seen that chin in person and it seems to sit pretty low. If you are barely clearing speed bumps, I wouldn't recommend it.

That's a good idea.

While I got you on the line..Not to be mean and I'm pretty much just kidding, but could you put that avatar in your spank bank and please and get a new one?

:lol2:
:handjob:

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, that is a Cervini B2 spoiler. My car has the pro-kit springs on it, so it will clear most items if your careful. It won't clear the cement parking stops or sidewalks though. Our other guy has the H&R race springs and it will rub on everything. In fact, last year doing track events, it generate enough downforce to rub through the bottom of the spoiler! Amazing how much difference 1/2" will make.

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im liking the pentar look alot. if they would make an 18x11 option i would run them as a staggered set-up tomorrow

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea.

While I got you on the line..Not to be mean and I'm pretty much just kidding, but could you put that avatar in your spank bank and please and get a new one?

:lol2:
:handjob:
LOL, as you aren't the first, and you for sure will most likely not be the last to ask this of me, I have to decline your request.

Thank you, come again.:boobies:

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not a fan of chins, aside from the gt500 "splitter", but I kinda like that one. I'm barely clearing parking space stops, so I dunno if that would be a good idea.

All I think of when I see that chin is "Mr Plow, that's my name. That name again is Mr. Plow.":tdown:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back