BMR A arm support

buster

Reaction score
Hi guys, so i bought a load of BMR stuff. I've fitted most of it.
Theres this A arm support brace. When I crawled under the car to see where it goes i seem to have a brace there. I checked BMR's web site and the A arm brace is fitted to their k member. I only have the stock K member so do i remove the brace thats there and fit the BMR one, or fit it as well as the stock one, or wrap it back up and sell it on ?

Ive included a few crap photos :

Stock brace

9M7J47G.jpg

BMR one held where i think it goes

jPESjeM.jpg

Held where it would go

LNYZ5Qt.jpg

sorry for the poor photos. Hopefully you guys will know wtf im on about.

Cheers,
Andy

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It would provide more support to your front suspension than the brace currently there. However, I would say it's a lot like having a strut tower brace on. You probably won't notice the benefit from it unless you're doing some pretty hard cornering.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
2nd pix is correct. The oem ford "A" arm brace actually ties the rear of the K frame together. The BMR is a real A arm brace..and ties the A arms together.

Bolts on BMR Arm brace face straight down. On my 2010 auto, the red BMR A arm brace was a few inches forward..and parallel to the oem ford brace. On your 2nd pix, it looks like the 2 x braces are even closer..vs my pair.

Just install it correctly....and leave it in.

buster

Reaction score
so fit it and leave them both in, sounds like a plan. There is about 1-2 inch gap between them , it just looks close as I was having trouble holding it and taking the photo.
I'll probably fit it when I put the BMR front arms on.

Cheers Guys

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back