Boost Works Single Turbo Kit- Starting at $4995.00

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Saw this over on Mustang6G -

"Well, enough people have asked about it, so we're going to build it.

Coming January/February 2017, we will unleash our 650 - 1200whp capable single turbo system. Built around Precision Turbo's proven large frame T4 based family, and using in-house fabbed components made from American sourced 304 stainless steel, we will offer the best bang for the buck turbo system for your s550.

Unlike our current twin system, this will be mounted under the hood.

We are getting caught up on orders for our twin kits and will be moving forward with our single kit testing/production.

Starting at $4995.00, this will be a good option for folks looking to keep costs down while entering the turbo scene.
smile.gif

Stay tuned.. more to come.

- Boost Works "

Pretty bad ass. I'm seriously considering this once it's released.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Is it going to have great features like hot side piping running underneath the front control arms?

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Buy Two I'll pay you back.

Well at least I know you'd be good for it! Haha.

Bummer, leaving out the S197 crowd.

That was actually my initial reaction, but truthfully, I don't see how it couldn't be applicable to Gen 1 coyotes.

Is it going to have great features like hot side piping running underneath the front control arms?

That's all the information he's posted for now. Details such as turbo size, twin-scroll or not, and routing haven't been released.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Update

"It will maintain ac and all accessories. We will offer optional manifolds at some point. But honestly it's not going to be necessary."

"Base kit with have a single T4 based 67mm or 72mm turbo. Either of those options will make 700-750whp pump gas capabilities. The 72mm option will make 800-825whp on E85 or high octane/race gas.

Max power we've seen with the 72mm in testing on a built s197 Coyote is 918whp at 20ps on C16. Optional CEA 76mm compressor will nudge that to 1100whp or so. From there, a jump to 80+mm will allow 12-1300whp."

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Hey that's funny. I'm with you, I wouldn't get excited about something that isn't even built yet.

OP: Are there any prototype pics? Are you associated with the product?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
No prototype pics as of 5 minutes ago. And I think he would much rather people buy a roush s/c... :p

I'm hopeful, but not to the point where I will have to go to my safe space if I don't get my way.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Hey that's funny. I'm with you, I wouldn't get excited about something that isn't even built yet.

No pics, the guy said he hasn't even begun a mockup yet,

I'll presume he's going to run over // through the K-member like the current 'Yote single kits.

The ON3 single pics I saw appeared to be following the JPC pipe routing.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

No pics yet. And no sir. I saw this on M6G and thought the few S550 owners here would benefit from the info, if they hadn't seen it themselves already.

No prototype pics as of 5 minutes ago. And I think he would much rather people buy a roush s/c... :p

I'm hopeful, but not to the point where I will have to go to my safe space if I don't get my way.

You're not wrong! Keep this among yourselves, but personally, I'd rather go go centri, single turbo, or DOB kit before I'd consider a Roush TVS.

I mean, it makes not sense that I feel that way either. I sell the product, I get a stupid discount on the product. Just not a fan. I'd rather go Centri or single turbo for long-term daily driver use. If I went PD, I'd go DOB so I could fit a blower that has the actual supercharger "whine" to it.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
For my S197 brothers, the question has been asked by someone who owns a '13 Boss if there will be any kits available for his car.

I'll post the response.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back