Brakes and Suspension??

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just upgraded the suspension and brakes on my 05GT. Would the stock stuff of my GT (front brakes, struts, shocks, springs and both sway bars) be an upgrade for you guys?

If so...anyone interested in this stuff....32k miles on it.

RH

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
Did you change the calipers on your front brakes? If so, you could sell the caliper brackets and rotors which would be a good upgrade. Sway bars = good upgrade. I may be incorrect, but I think the springs are rated differently for GT's and sixxers due to more weight on the nose. Shocks may be good for rear end swaps from what I heard, but again I may be wrong. Not sure about struts either.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes...I swapped it all out.

IMG00029.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

RH

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just upgraded the suspension and brakes on my 05GT. Would the stock stuff of my GT (front brakes, struts, shocks, springs and both sway bars) be an upgrade for you guys?

If so...anyone interested in this stuff....32k miles on it.

RH

yea it's a good swap in for V6's. The sway bars are a little bigger. The calipers are the same but V6 guys will need the caliper mounting brackets and the rotors. The springs are a little heavier than the V6's and it may raise the suspension a little. Pretty sure the struts/shocks are the same.

The rear sways from a coupe won't fit a vert though, of either model.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you guys know anyone wanting this stuff...tell them to hit me up. I'll let it go pretty cheap.

RH

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I re-used the front sway bar mounting brackets...but I just ordered a set of 34mm ones and plan to swap the GT500 front bar for a Saleen.

Make me an offer on the stuff. It's pretty cheap to just buy new aftermarket ones.

RH

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are the calipers the same?

I know the rear brakes are the same from a GT to a Shelby GT500....except the pads.

RH

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Are the calipers the same?

I know the rear brakes are the same from a GT to a Shelby GT500....except the pads.

RH

V6 and GT rear brakes are the same, rotors, calipers, pads. Get some upgraded pads for yours if you want better braking. Otherwise you'd be swapping the same parts in and out.

For the fronts all you need is the rotors and the caliper mounts. Make sure if you buy a GT take off set that you get the caliper mounts not just the calipers. To swap in the GT fronts all you need to do is swap rotors, and mounts. You don't even need to take your brake line off the calipers. Undo the 2 smaller bolts that hold the caliper to the mount. Bungee the caliper up out of the way. Remove the 2 larger bolts that hold the caliper mount on. Replace with GT caliper mount. Attach caliper to mount. Go fast, stop better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back