Cam install problem, please help.

Nuclear

forum member
Reaction score
Good evening, guys. Looking for a little guidance. Here's the story: I'm installing Detroit Rocker cams in my '06, and I've hit a few snags.

1) When re-installing the left cam phaser, I noticed that all 3 of the phaser-to-sprocket roll pins were mangled. I probably did that during assembly, but I'm not sure. Anyone know if that's a Ford-only part, or can I use any generic roll pins with the same measurement?

2) For you "garden hose" chain-wedge guys, how the hell are you feeding it down the passenger side?

3) Now for the really ugly question. A partial roll pin may have travelled south, into the engine. Will it fit through the screen on the oil pump suction? It's about .072" in diameter.

This cam swap has not gone well...... Please help before I begin slitting wrists....

Thank you,
Nick

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Good evening, guys. Looking for a little guidance. Here's the story: I'm installing Detroit Rocker cams in my '06, and I've hit a few snags.

1) When re-installing the left cam phaser, I noticed that all 3 of the phaser-to-sprocket roll pins were mangled. I probably did that during assembly, but I'm not sure. Anyone know if that's a Ford-only part, or can I use any generic roll pins with the same measurement?

2) For you "garden hose" chain-wedge guys, how the hell are you feeding it down the passenger side?

3) Now for the really ugly question. A partial roll pin may have travelled south, into the engine. Will it fit through the screen on the oil pump suction? It's about .072" in diameter.

This cam swap has not gone well...... Please help before I begin slitting wrists....

Thank you,
Nick

The roll pins are 2mm x 6mm. You can get them from McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#roll-pins/=mnksod 25 for $2.50

I doubt the pin will go through the pick-up screen but I would be concerned that it could have ended up in the chain and sprocket. If you busted the pins off flush.........good luck getting them out.

Lee

lee12609

forum member
Reaction score
atleast its not 40 needle bearings like a GM ls motor when the rocker decides its giving up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back