Camaro guy talking smack @ gas station, he's dumb as hell...

craven

Banned
Reaction score
thats what i said, read, i said AFTER the 80's they released the cobra jet...

and regardless to any correction you may make, ford is the only company to acheive the tiffany award, the only car to sell EVERY single year without a lapse which is the mustang which got the tiffany award and holds the record for most cars sold in first 6 months and first 2 years...

ford out performs chevy....period...and ford always comes back to make more power and options...

EDIT: they are also the only american car company left that is NOT owned by another manufacturer or government organization...

also ford didnt pussy out and ask for a bailout from the government.....

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

and regardless to any correction you may make, ford is the only company to acheive the tiffany award, the only car to sell EVERY single year without a lapse which is the mustang which got the tiffany award and holds the record for most cars sold in first 6 months and first 2 years...

ford out performs chevy....period...and ford always comes back to make more power and options...

EDIT: they are also the only american car company left that is NOT owned by another manufacturer or government organization...

also ford didnt pussy out and ask for a bailout from the government.....

The released the Cobra Jet in the 60's.

craven

Banned
Reaction score
ok...yea, and then again in 1993....

but ford is the best period! lol

BCP

forum member
Reaction score
Had a new SS try to race me on Thursday, and he couldnt even pull away from my gears, exhaust, CAI, 136,000 mile 97 Cobra.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford never released a Cobra Jet in the 80s or 90s. I appreciate your enthusuasm, but given all the incorrect facts you've written (and I'm assumiung you also speak), you aren't helping the "Ford cause" much.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Last night me& my GF and her borther were coming home from ColdStone IceCream on a local highway and we seen a SS Camaro. They guy was driving like a asshole cutting everyone off and almost causing people to crash.

My fiances brother drives a Volks Wagon R32. Hes got some money put into the car so he decides to go for the camaro. The guy driving was a real wierdo. we pull up at a light and the camaro had us till mid way thru 3rd gear the R32 is catching up. The Camaro is still WOT as we are to. We start passing him and the guy had to of been in 4th gear by now and u wont believe what he decided to do!!!

Im video taping it on my GFs Brothers cellphone and the guys slams into either 2nd or 3rd gear from one of the taller gears and alls you heard was a giant BOOM!! then smoke all over the highway and he puts his 4-ways on lol. I coudlnt believe my eyes. Idk what gera he switched outta to drop into but im guessing maybe from 4th to 2nd..? :/ Why would any1 do that though!.

I guess he got what he deserves since he was driving recklessly on a highway cutting in between people and getting very close to bumpers.

Last edited:

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, maybe he was tryin to go to 5th at redline and slammed it into 3rd?

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i was at a gas station filling up before going on my way home and a camaro came next to me and started tlking shit and revving his engine. I mean, a real car guy would respect any car regardless of make. But these chevy guys are just assholes. So i leave driving normally, and he comes up on my ass like hes going to someplace importart. So when we got to the straight away i hammered it and he kept getting smaller and smaller in the mirror. Then, i pull into my driveway and this dude pulls in and starts pullin the excuses deal. Really. if ur gna be a ass, then lose, i dont need to hear why.

craven

Banned
Reaction score
Ford never released a Cobra Jet in the 80s or 90s. I appreciate your enthusuasm, but given all the incorrect facts you've written (and I'm assumiung you also speak), you aren't helping the "Ford cause" much.

i never said in the 80's or 90's lets get this straight....i said 1993...thanks very much...which i think was a cobra R...

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i never said in the 80's or 90's lets get this straight....i said 1993...thanks very much...which i think was a cobra R...

Last I checked, 1993 was in the 90s. And Ford did release the first SVT Cobra in 1993, but it wasn't a Cobra Jet.

craven

Banned
Reaction score
me too, car and driver shows them being within a few tenths of each other....that doesnt look good for chevy considering the camaro has 2 extra litres of displacement and over 100 more hp, and it can barely scrape together 1 or 2 tenths hahaha that car sucks....

CLASSIC STATEMENT TO GIVE TO CAMARO GUYS:

1. in 1964 ford created the mustang with only a 6 cylinder, car sold 250,000 the first 6 months, and then reached 1 million..which earned it the "tiffany" award for american engineering of excellence...the only american car company to recieve this award.....

2. no vehicle in this entire world has sold more vehicles in the first 2 years...EVER!

3. chevy responded in 1967 with a camaro, started dropping huge engines, and ford responded with the boss 302, and the bullitt...

4. chevy beefed up camaro in 1969, so ford released the shelby gt 500 and smoked that SS camaro, YET AGAIN.....

5. chevy yet again beefed the camaro, and ford released the mach1 in 1970....destroying the camaro again...

6. after the stupid 70's and 80's, chevy launched the iroc-z, ford relased the HO cobra jet, bye bye camaro again...

7. then chevy stepped up their game and released the "F" body cars which are the 2000-20002 camaro, and WS-6 trans am well ford redesigned the cobra in 2003 with the supercharger and code named it "the terminator" which was meant to "terminate" chevy's "f" body cars.....indeed it did!! considering the camaro ss had around 325, and the ws-6 around 350....the mustang cobra was lighter and was underrated @ 390 HP, which we all know it was around 430.....

8.so chevy released the 435 camaro ss last year, well ford is now releasing the 5.0 with 420 HP which is only 90 lbs heavier than this current GT, so you can imagine how bad it will destroy the camaro, considering a stock 4.6 is only 1 tenth slower...i would imagine that this new 5.0 will run a 12.8 stock...

this is what i love to tell chevy guys, a true muscle car is a ford...

notice this is what i said in the first place...

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
me too, car and driver shows them being within a few tenths of each other....that doesnt look good for chevy considering the camaro has 2 extra litres of displacement and over 100 more hp, and it can barely scrape together 1 or 2 tenths hahaha that car sucks....

CLASSIC STATEMENT TO GIVE TO CAMARO GUYS:

1. in 1964 ford created the mustang with only a 6 cylinder, car sold 250,000 the first 6 months, and then reached 1 million..which earned it the "tiffany" award for american engineering of excellence...the only american car company to recieve this award.....

2. no vehicle in this entire world has sold more vehicles in the first 2 years...EVER!

3. chevy responded in 1967 with a camaro, started dropping huge engines, and ford responded with the boss 302, and the bullitt...

4. chevy beefed up camaro in 1969, so ford released the shelby gt 500 and smoked that SS camaro, YET AGAIN.....

5. chevy yet again beefed the camaro, and ford released the mach1 in 1970....destroying the camaro again...

6. after the stupid 70's and 80's, chevy launched the iroc-z, ford relased the HO cobra jet, bye bye camaro again...

7. then chevy stepped up their game and released the "F" body cars which are the 2000-20002 camaro, and WS-6 trans am well ford redesigned the cobra in 2003 with the supercharger and code named it "the terminator" which was meant to "terminate" chevy's "f" body cars.....indeed it did!! considering the camaro ss had around 325, and the ws-6 around 350....the mustang cobra was lighter and was underrated @ 390 HP, which we all know it was around 430.....

8.so chevy released the 435 camaro ss last year, well ford is now releasing the 5.0 with 420 HP which is only 90 lbs heavier than this current GT, so you can imagine how bad it will destroy the camaro, considering a stock 4.6 is only 1 tenth slower...i would imagine that this new 5.0 will run a 12.8 stock...

this is what i love to tell chevy guys, a true muscle car is a ford...

notice this is what i said in the first place...

I got what you wrote originally. My point was that it was full of mistakes. What Cobra Jet are you referring to?

craven

Banned
Reaction score
I got what you wrote originally. My point was that it was full of mistakes. What Cobra Jet are you referring to?

i meant the late 60's model and i made a mistake on the cobra R in 1993, thought it was a cobra jet...my bad../

but the fact is ford is best....chevy guys are assholes....

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score

how do u figure?

from 1993-2002 it was rape city for ford. and the new ss is still faster than the new mustang. and that will continue to be true until something changes. and the ford gt was a tick faster than the Z06, now there is the Zr1, where is the better performing ford? i like mustangs and all but the GT's were a JOKE until 2005, and they are still way down on power.

and like stated earlier, your not helping the ford cause. since the early 70's ford had nothing until 2003. (nobody had much in the 70's/80's but the LS1 did kinda change things) what did ford have the "outperformed" the LS1? oh that right, they didnt, it took them 5 years. "yea look at us, we have a car thats faster than one u made 5 years ago, we are so badass."

when i bought my mustang, the only part i didnt like was mustang owners, they are about the worst group of car people (evo and srt4 are worse though). all this "i bleed ford blue" junk. and making dumbass blanket statements that ford always outperformed chevy.

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
how do u figure?

from 1993-2002 it was rape city for ford. and the new ss is still faster than the new mustang. and that will continue to be true until something changes. and the ford gt was a tick faster than the Z06, now there is the Zr1, where is the better performing ford? i like mustangs and all but the GT's were a JOKE until 2005, and they are still way down on power.

Than why do you own a Mustang if the new Camaro is still faster... :crazy:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
price. i didnt find many used 2010 ss camaros for 15k. also insurance is really cheap on the mustang. i really like the car. weight too. even though the camaro is faster im turned off by the weight, of all the new muscle cars, GT500, SRT8's, camaros. i was raised chevy but i grew to accept all fast cars. i just dont like the tunnel vision that some people have with certain brands.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
The camaros are a big boat with a motor to make up for the weight thats it. Camaro nut-swingers need a swift :nk:. I hate to have to say that because I like talk to other car guys but when people talk down on you casue there car make x amount of power stock it drives me up a tree.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back