Camaro guy talking smack @ gas station, he's dumb as hell...

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
when i bought my mustang, the only part i didnt like was mustang owners, they are about the worst group of car people (evo and srt4 are worse though). all this "i bleed ford blue" junk. and making dumbass blanket statements that ford always outperformed chevy.

:thumb2:

Every car in this segment or any sporty group will have nut swingers. No group of swingers is worse than the next. I picked my mustang for its looks and price point. Its like a vegetarian at a Brazilian steak house, everyone cant be pleased but all would be better if all could be appreciated. I found myself defending Porsche against a co-worker. I like all cars, but hate the drivers who are short or narrow sighted when it comes to others.

Some of the people I know think it is sacrilege that I want to build a 1969 Camaro one day as well as a Grand National. :stooges:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
price. i didnt find many used 2010 ss camaros for 15k. also insurance is really cheap on the mustang. i really like the car. weight too. even though the camaro is faster im turned off by the weight, of all the new muscle cars, GT500, SRT8's, camaros. i was raised chevy but i grew to accept all fast cars. i just dont like the tunnel vision that some people have with certain brands.

good reason.
but saying someone is tunnel vision, not really. your on a Mustang forum, its called pride. and ohhhh, wow, 425hp... cheby has to put big motors in their vehicles to make up for the the weight and ugly interiors

The camaros are a big boat with a motor to make up for the weight thats it. Camaro nut-swingers need a swift :nk:. I hate to have to say that because I like talk to other car guys but when people talk down on you casue there car make x amount of power stock it drives me up a tree.

yup, yup

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
:thumb2:

Every car in this segment or any sporty group will have nut swingers. No group of swingers is worse than the next. I picked my mustang for its looks and price point. Its like a vegetarian at a Brazilian steak house, everyone cant be pleased but all would be better if all could be appreciated. I found myself defending Porsche against a co-worker. I like all cars, but hate the drivers who are short or narrow sighted when it comes to others.

Some of the people I know think it is sacrilege that I want to build a 1969 Camaro one day as well as a Grand National. :stooges:
I AGREE :thumb2:

craven

Banned
Reaction score
how do u figure?

from 1993-2002 it was rape city for ford. and the new ss is still faster than the new mustang. and that will continue to be true until something changes. and the ford gt was a tick faster than the Z06, now there is the Zr1, where is the better performing ford? i like mustangs and all but the GT's were a JOKE until 2005, and they are still way down on power.

i think your an idiot....the SVT has 430 and would rape and ss it came up against....

and the new SS runs 13.3-13.4 on every mag i have read, ad the 05 GT and up runs 13.5, thats not a huge difference...

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i like the camaro interior, but i like mine more. and although i agree the camaro is 100hp more but it doesnt perform 100hp more. no arguments here on that fact.

and there is a fine line between pride and stupidity.

craven

Banned
Reaction score
i like the camaro interior, but i like mine more. and although i agree the camaro is 100hp more but it doesnt perform 100hp more. no arguments here on that fact.

and there is a fine line between pride and stupidity.

i can agree with this statement tho....

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i think your an idiot

your just proving my point. way to act like a child.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests..._rt_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt/test_numbers.html

here the camaro runs .5 seconds faster and traps 7mph faster. thats a lot.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q1/2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss_v8-short_take_road_test

look at that, another 13.0@111. and even 13.1@109 for the auto.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/impressions/2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss

wait for it, shocker, another 13.0@111. where are the 13.4's?

craven

Banned
Reaction score
the people i see at the tack driving camaros all day long run 13.4 some 13.3....

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
and yes from 2003-2009, the mustang was faster than the camaro (the main reason is camaro wasnt there to defend itself). so ford did manage to be 1 out of 1, congrats. how bout 93-02 like i mentioned?

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
A lot of this stuff boils down to the driver mod as well. All the power and mods in the world won't get anywhere with a monkey behind the wheel. Its not uncommon to go to the track and hear and see a very nice heavily modded car run slower than a 89 caprice station wagon.

Other times its just a matter of luck and conditions too.

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
the people i see at the tack driving camaros all day long run 13.4 some 13.3....

fair enough, but thats not necessarily representative of what the car is capable of. i have seen MANY GTO's run 14's and even 15's at the track, but obviously they are much faster than that.

i suppose u think G8 GXP's are slow too? my buddy has one and it went 13.0@109 bone stock to the paper air filter. he easily pulled my FULL bolt on mustang by more than 1 car on a second gear roll race. that made me sad.

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
fair enough, but thats not necessarily representative of what the car is capable of. i have seen MANY GTO's run 14's and even 15's at the track, but obviously they are much faster than that.

i suppose u think G8 GXP's are slow too? my buddy has one and it went 13.0@109 bone stock to the paper air filter. he easily pulled my FULL bolt on mustang by more than 1 car on a second gear roll race. that made me sad.

Hence the driver mod...

My buddy didn't believe that the 02-04 z06 was capable of near mid 12 to 12 flat from the show room floor until we saw a guy shift the piss out of his 03 to a 12.3...this was after a guy before him shuddered through a 14.5 in another z06.

All in the driver.

craven

Banned
Reaction score

i can agree with you.....but i have seen BONE STOCK 05+ GT's run 13.3...at the track...with a really good driver....

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
i dont disagree, but i think thats attributed to the GT being an easier car to drive, and mustang drivers seem to be better as a group lol. i really wish i would have ran my car stock.

i was at the track once last year and saw a 04 GTO running 15.5@89, most of the day. i finally went to talk to the guy cause i couldnt stand it anymore. he would just dump the clutch at redline and then spin, then short shift. stock btw. i then instruced him to launch @3k and roll onto it. he did that and ran a 13.5@105 bonestock. he was in disbelief, "i didnt think this car went that fast." lol.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i can agree with you.....but i have seen BONE STOCK 05+ GT's run 13.3...at the track...with a really good driver....

I have never seen a turely bone stock one run better than 14.30, just saying

craven

Banned
Reaction score
I have never seen a turely bone stock one run better than 14.30, just saying

just cause you havent seen it doesnt mean it isnt possible, and the 05+ mustang is capable of mid 13's or even lower 13's with good drivers...

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
when i first got my car i got i was at the track running 13.3 with just a jlt and tune. there were 2 2010 ss's out there running 13.3-.7@112. i really laughed when my friend ran one in his bone stock g8 and beat em with a 13.2.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back