"Cammed" 2011 5.0 (Video)

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
shouldve posted that my dealer doesnt care if i put the exhaust on. they are cool about that but not a tune.

If you flash your car back to the stock tune before taking it into the dealer they have NO WAY of knowing you had an aftermarket tune on the car.

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
didnt mean to derail this thread a little. video is awesome sounding and cant wait to hear it in person one day.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Im game for that sound on mine..as long as drivability doesnt suffer.. is this ONLY a modification on the idle table for this and the rest of the tune runs fine? no jerking or anything? I have the 6spd manual.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
In the coming weeks this tune should be available for everyone. like anything Evolution / Jon Lund does is they want to make sure it works with an array of platforms, mods, and other vechicle combos. Making everything transition over smoothly and drivability 100% before releasing to the public is better than jumping the gun. Im still driving my car and will do so along with other testers to work out anything i notice that may come up. For those interested, please be patient and stay tuned for announcements of when this will be released.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
and i would also think that the idle wont matter from 91-93 oct fuel right?? i have 91 and 92 around here.

nah...

Although, having catalytic converters may, or may not be an issue in which i cant answer. Im not sure how it affects the cats, since i dont have any, im not too worried about it but ill ask and found out.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I allready called and talked to someone at Evolution about it.. lol Im in no hurry really.

what exhaust do you have on your car?? that grey car sounds REALLY good!.. so does the grabber blue one, it just seems quieter.

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
nah...

Although, having catalytic converters may, or may not be an issue in which i cant answer. Im not sure how it affects the cats, since i dont have any, im not too worried about it but ill ask and found out.

No cats will make the car louder, I have cams, no cats and have a great idle...where my friend has cats...not so great.

Also I read earlier you mentioned a gas smell out of the exhaust...when you are running no cats you get the fumes coming out the back...nothing to do with the tune.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
No cats will make the car louder, I have cams, no cats and have a great idle...where my friend has cats...not so great.

Also I read earlier you mentioned a gas smell out of the exhaust...when you are running no cats you get the fumes coming out the back...nothing to do with the tune.

Well i know that... I was refering to it having a more pronounced smell of fuel over the regular idle.

Whocares05050

forum member
Reaction score
I allready called and talked to someone at Evolution about it.. lol Im in no hurry really.

what exhaust do you have on your car?? that grey car sounds REALLY good!.. so does the grabber blue one, it just seems quieter.

My car did sound like his, until i modified it. I have magnaflow cat deleted x pipe with magnaflow catback street series and had 2 22inch 3 inch perforated resonators welded into the midpipe to tone it down. End result is no drone cruising and no rasp! I love it. Just a nice deep tone.

Jonbones

stumoc sreu itlte
Reaction score
IIRC they put something on the 5.0 that will show up and the dealer will see, even if you tune it and return it to stock.

explain.

Flash, then flash back 1000 times, I've never heard of an ECU being able to detect / tell if it has been flashed in the past.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back