Can someone take some pics of the s/c setup on the pulleys?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Can one of you guys take pics of the pulleys on your car and the s/c pulley setup? I want to see how they ran the dual belt setup on the gt500 and see if there is a way to convert my gt to the dual belt.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good luck man. the metco thing is your only hope. have you seen it yet?

G.T

Reaction score
the crankshaft pulley drives both the SC belt and the accessory drive belt side to side.. i'll post an illustration soon as i'm done with it :)

G.T

Reaction score
Here you go.. hope this helps.

gt500-belt routing.jpg ( click to enlarge )

i'm pretty interested in this myself :)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
post 88

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f79/whipples-kbs-over-rated-manufacture-opinions-90172-3.html

18-1.jpg

1.jpg

11.jpg

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Wonder what the long snout is off of, or if he made it. Need to find out about the snout and the crank pulley. I don't go to mod ford, so obviously I won't be posting the question.

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Wonder what the long snout is off of, or if he made it. Need to find out about the snout and the crank pulley. I don't go to mod ford, so obviously I won't be posting the question.

The setup for Whipple cars is supposed to be availible from Metco shortly from what I understand. Their snout is going to have some form of bracing built into it also.

Just have to wait until its released to see exactly what you get.

G.T

Reaction score
i'm just thinking.. most of us have clearance problems with the hood as it is (i barely have 2mm clearance between the pulley and the fiberglass hood)

extending the snout like that means the pulley has to come out through the hood.. at least in my case :)

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I'm really wishing I had gone turbo now. I don't think we should have to spend all this extra money to get the stuff to work right.

G.T

Reaction score
i agree on not having to spend extra to make things work..
but i don't think a turbo is a good option for everyone.. at least not those living in Dubai :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back