can't spin my wheels

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
ok ok, everyone just calm down a little yall had your fun. Lets get back on topic and show op the intelligence level we really have here at the best s197 forum on the net. OP, I purchased my wifes 08 v6 auto, and my 08 gt 5 speed around the same time. I can tell you that her ALL STOCK v6 has no trouble spinning the tires from a dead stop. Have you added any weight to your car? large stereo? There also wasn't that big of a difference between my v8 and her v6 other than fun factor of dumping the clutch and she couldn't. I have since got rid of my very modded gt (stroked, blown) but I still have my wifes v6 with 13000 on the speedo. Something is clearly wrong with your ride. Either you have a extra 300 pounds in the trunk or really sticky tires or you need to get a new fuel filter, new plugs, new wires? Dirty mass air? V6s sound bad, but they still can be fun to play with. Can you say forced induction. Ecoboost?

There wasn't a big difference? :roflmao: Well, 3Vs are slow, but come on. Pull your head out of your ass. This is how this forum operates, we flame and they either leave or stay and learn from there. Get over it.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
There wasn't a big difference? :roflmao: Well, 3Vs are slow, but come on. Pull your head out of your ass. This is how this forum operates, we flame and they either leave or stay and learn from there. Get over it.

lol. stock vs stock nope, However this 3v is a whole different story :roflmao: ;) 100_0235.jpg

Did you not see the video he posted? Obviously he has added a stereo.

No, I didn't watch the vid. Vert + stereo, takes power to move weight, that would explain the lack of spinning lol

Last edited:

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
After my first BBR tune I couldnt spin my tires in my 06 GT because they royally fucked it up. Now that it is corrected my first and second gear are useless with these tires I have.

But you do know spinning tires does not equate to speed.

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
My car is a 4.0 for now and I just installed a JLT cold air intake, bama 91R tune and I already had dual GT take off exhaust. Keep in mind its not a GT, but It runs very good for a six. It will chirp the tires going into 2nd and third. I am going to be doing a V8 swap hopefully by summer 2013 and now wish I would have just saved the money. I have only raced one thing so far, a fiat 500 abarth (the lighter and turbo'd version) and I beat it by a good amount.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
OP don't feel bad I have a V8 and I can't spin my wheels either...
562114_3795641853950_1212436372_n.jpg

Last edited:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
instead of spinning tires, could work towards this. this is a 07 4.0 turbo running 11.8 in the 1/4. not bad for a V6.

this could have been a tech post if it had been worded different. if you want to burn rubber, a few mods will do the trick

Attachments

• Air_Time_Cecil_County_Dragway_December_11th_2010.png
    Air_Time_Cecil_County_Dragway_December_11th_2010.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 33

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
If that douchebag with the V6 with the strobe-light trunk hadn't come along, I think this thread would get more bashing.

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Maybe one of these babies is in order for Christmas?

tornadoair.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
^you're trying to get this kid killed, he can't possible handle the earth rotating torque that system would provide.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe one of these babies is in order for Christmas?

tornadoair.jpg

HAHAHAHA.....taking a breath.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......breathing..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA......crying....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
We had a customer with a 4.0 make 350 on nitrous and ported heads and 320 something without the heads. You can make them pretty powerful with less weight than a v8.

On spray he would run neck and neck with a 12.1 second cammed GT.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back