Canton Expansion Tank ?

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a Canton expansion tank and it takes a 16# radiator cap and has an overflow tube. On the stock tank there isn't an overflow so my question is can I cap off the overflow vent on the Canton tank without having any issues? BTW I am N/A.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't answer your question but will say I ran an overflow hose on my Canton tank.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I diddn't get back to you earlier. My phone went dead. Anyways, you need a hose on there or it will suck your radiator hoses flat when your car cools down. The cap will let pressure out when everything expands with heat, but, unlike the stock cap, it will not let the pressure equalize when cooling without the fitting on the neck open.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Sorry I diddn't get back to you earlier. My phone went dead. Anyways, you need a hose on there or it will suck your radiator hoses flat when your car cools down. The cap will let pressure out when everything expands with heat, but, unlike the stock cap, it will not let the pressure equalize when cooling without the fitting on the neck open.

hehehe what he said!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back