Car lean

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by Jcg_3v94, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jcg_3v94

Jcg_3v94 Member

My cars rear driver side is lower than the passenger side, any idea why? How can i fix? Springs look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

How much lower and how are determining that?

Jcg_3v94 likes this.
  3. Jcg_3v94

Jcg_3v94 Member

Prob like an inch or a bit more, ill go measure it when i have a chance. Its just really visable. Ill send a pic as well.

4. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Stock suspension?

Jcg_3v94 likes this.
  5. Jcg_3v94

Jcg_3v94 Member

Just on lowering springs and upgraded control arms

6. stkjock

If u did the springs recently, check the positioning and how they sit in the mount

also would be real helpful when posting about issues to list all mods and recent changes

7. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Find a fat girlfriend and get her to ride shotgun. ;)

8. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

Or he can swap the springs side to side that way when he gets it it'll level the car out.

My bet is that the passenger spring is not clocked in the mount correctly but did this happen all of a sudden or did it gradually happen over time? When did you notice the lean?

9. WNYGT5-0

WNYGT5-0 Member

Or ask her to get out when you look at it...

EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  10. TylerM

TylerM Member

Thick thighs save lives.

My car seems like it sits slightly lower on the driver side than the passenger. I did springs shocks and front lowers recently. It's just my OCD self.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  11. kazman59

kazman59 King of Kazmania

Looking at the back, my car appears to list to port a tad. Measured at the wheel well arches, the rears are equal, the left front is the culprit being almost a 1/4" lower than than the right front.

12. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

Switch front shocks/springs side to side and see if that doesn't take care of it. While you have them out it should be easy to tell if the springs are installed correctly at both the bottom and top of the shocks/struts. (Fairly easy to do and quick. Probably less than an hour start to finish...). If it still leans to the driver's side after the switch you have a different problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.