Changing front A arm bushings to Whiteline

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Haven't done a set yet... but the look a little easier to do. Maybe Red Devil can shed some light?

Oh, I've done them. They are not as easy. At least the way I did them wasn't. The knurled section has to be cut off of the A-arm. It's a PITA to do without cutting into the arm.

I was wondering if you had a trick.

robz

Reaction score
Oh, I've done them. They are not as easy. At least the way I did them wasn't. The knurled section has to be cut off of the A-arm. It's a PITA to do without cutting into the arm.

I was wondering if you had a trick.

Could that inner sleeve not be pressed off of the arm? (assuming you have access to a press). I have the prothane front/rear bushings which are essentially the same design, I'm trying to game plan the install as well.

Red_Devil

Quality.Power.Sound
Reaction score
I dont think there is any real trick to doing this easily. It just flat out sucks...

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Could that inner sleeve not be pressed off of the arm? (assuming you have access to a press). I have the prothane front/rear bushings which are essentially the same design, I'm trying to game plan the install as well.

We tried rigging them up in the press and it just wasn't working. One, nothing is flat/straight in the plane you need it to be so there is effectively nothing to press against without it walking out of the press. The we made a 3/8" thick steel wedge/plate deal to fit behind the bushing and all we managed to do was bend the plate, LOL!

I dont think there is any real trick to doing this easily. It just flat out sucks...

Yep, it pretty much sucks. Well worth it, the additional steering feel and caster are FANTASTIC. But it's a PITA.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting! Loving the whiteline LCA set on my subie, and their customer service is excellent

voodoo

forum member
Reaction score
How much of an NVH increase can be expected from these bushings. I ask because my car, for now at least, is mostly a daily driver.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
No increase in NVH noticeable in my car from the replaced A arm bushings. But it might be masked by slightly louder exhaust and prothan type motor mounts.

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the post on the LCA rear mount is solid steel or hollow tube?

Hunter, if I understand your question, you are referring to the "shaft"/mount that holds the larger bushing on the rear of the arm?

If so, it is solid for about the first "half" then hollow the last "half"/end. About 1.4" of the 2.7" is hollow. The wall thickness is about .175"-.200." Hope that makes sense.

Here's a picture of a 2012 arm. It's a close up looking down into the rear bushing.

Attachments

• IMAG0910.jpg
    IMAG0910.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back