CHE Torque Limiters and Long Tubes

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to get a set of CHE Torque Limiters to see if they help with the slop in my driveline that keeps me from power shifting. But, on their website it says that they will not fit with SLP Long Tubes. Unfortunately, I was planning on getting SLP Long Tubes eventually, so my question is, are there any problems with other long tubes? I thought that SLPs were basically a copy of Kooks, so if they don't work with SLP, will they not work with Kooks either?

I was considering doing a BMR Tubular K Member with better engine mounts, as some people have said that I would not need the torque limiters then, but I don't know what the best solution is for a D/D that sees occasional track use. I also will be getting an MGW shifter when funds allow....

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Pypes LT headers are an almost identical copy to Kooks. The majority of mid-length long tube headers will work with the CHE K brace w/limiters, but full length long tubes like SLP, JBA, ARH, may have issues because they extend past the bell housing. There are 2 mounting point options for the limiters, so you do have some play.

I have Pypes LT's, and it fits like a glove.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Pypes LT headers are an almost identical copy to Kooks. The majority of mid-length long tube headers will work with the CHE K brace w/limiters, but full length long tubes like SLP, JBA, ARH, may have issues because they extend past the bell housing. There are 2 mounting point options for the limiters, so you do have some play.

I have Pypes LT's, and it fits like a glove.

Cool...thanks for the info guys!

For some reason I was thinking it was the SLPs that were copies of Kooks, but if it's the Pypes then that's what I'll probably go with. I always liked BBK and MAC from my Fox Body days, but it seems like Kooks are the ones that everyone likes on the S197s. And if Pypes are identical, but quite a bit less $ than that sounds like the way to go...

Another question though....does the CHE K Brace hang down much? My car is lowered 1.5" and has lower profile tires, so clearance is already an issue. Once I switch to drag radials it should raise it a little bit, but right now I have to avoid speed bumps like the plague.....

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
bbks with the che limiters not even close to touching. no it doesnt hang down at all. i love my torque limiters, its like shifting sitting still at all rpms. smooth as butta

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get the Che K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters and Kooks long Tubes and all will be well !!!

^^^This. I ran this combo for some time. Zero issues. And it so happens I have one for sale. PM me if you're interested...it's in perfect shape.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back