Check out these tail lights for a 05 - 09 GT

PonyBoy

Reaction score
Schweeeeet! 69-70 was the best body ever!I have '70 tail lights, gas cap assembly and the panel, but haven't figured a good way to approach it. I'l get there one of these days! Nice work on yours!

N2STC

Reaction score
I would be interested in these as well. Awesome.

Schweeeeet! 69-70 was the best body ever!I have '70 tail lights, gas cap assembly and the panel, but haven't figured a good way to approach it. I'l get there one of these days! Nice work on yours!
AGREED!

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Waters

Reaction score
No sequential but that would be easy if I wanted it to be. The tail lights use a stock harness that I added a wire to make the inner lights to work as brake lights. I guess I could have used a sequential kit but didn't feel it was keeping with the 69/70 era I was looking for. Now if I can just get the front to look like a 70's Mach 1 I'd have it made. The reverse lights are LED strips above the license plate.2014-08-16_12-14-16_802-1.jpg 2014-06-02_21-13-28_93.jpg

Last edited:

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
These look great. However, to me, it appeared that the lights were just a little to close to the quarter panels. I made a quick edit. To me this looks more symmetrical, by just moving the lights inward a bit. (the first bezel gap lines up with the trunk line, giving it more of a fluid look).

0569.jpg

Steve Waters

Reaction score
SS, I couldn't agree more. Looks better for sure. But I think the reason it's where it is is because the way the rear panel behind the tail lights are too close to move them in. I really need to look again to see. It could have been I just wasn't paying enough attention. We'll see in the morning.

Steve Waters

Reaction score
These look great. However, to me, it appeared that the lights were just a little to close to the quarter panels. I made a quick edit. To me this looks more symmetrical, by just moving the lights inward a bit. (the first bezel gap lines up with the trunk line, giving it more of a fluid look).

View attachment 68811
Well I looked at tail lights today and yes they could have been moved in a half inch or so. Of coarse these are just prototypes. If I had the funding to go to production I would make other changes as well.

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score

View attachment 68811
Well I looked at tail lights today and yes they could have been moved in a half inch or so. Of coarse these are just prototypes. If I had the funding to go to production I would make other changes as well.

That's cool. PM me. I'd like to discuss these lights and see what has to happen to get them produced. Thanks man.

Aussie-Parnelli

Reaction score
Yes it is a '06 Saleen, I have taken the covers off for a while not sure what looks best. Steve really like your retro ones better.......

Steve Waters

Reaction score
Thanks Aussie. I was talking about the brake light on the top of the trunk lid under the rear spoiler. It is wider than ours here in the good ol' USA.:)

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I kinda like it. Have you considered LED brake lights? They are bright and take up very little space. They can be almost flat. As for reverse lights, in 1970 ford used separate backup lights under the bumper on the rear valence. LED those and make a simple round setup that could be cut into the bumper cover.

boss23.jpg

Steve Waters

Reaction score
Yes that could be a viable option. I would make it optional as a selling point. Also make the bezels chrome or paintable as another option. As far as reverse lights go I didn't want to put holes in my bumper. I made a mount and used the license plate top screws to put the led's on.

PonyBoy

Reaction score
I just realized that the later S197’s rear is not straight across. Yours is. That’s where I’ve been stumped. The lights and ends of the bumper can’t back and up. It screws up the entire geometry.

ExSRT8Guy

Been There, Done That
Reaction score
Beautiful work. I've never seen aftermarket taillights that I consider an aesthetic improvement over factory. Until now. These look pretty much perfect. If they ever go into production, I'm in!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back