Classified question for the moderators

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
I know the rules on posting pics and using an identifying sign with the pics, however, I have some brand new parts that I would like to post but they are in sealed boxes and were never opened since I sold the car that I had ordered them for. I really do not want to open them and posting a pic of a box is most likely worthless. Do I have any other options other than opening the boxes and removing the parts or just not posting? I am not identifying any parts here, just looking for the proper course to take.

Thanks

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
If it's a factory sealed box I wouldn't have an issue with posting a pic of your boxed parts providing the box shows the factory printing of what you are selling. Part number and description. This would show that you have possession of what you are selling. It would still have to follow the other rules. It's been done in the past.

If I was the buyer I would want to see the parts prior to paying.

It would only protect you the seller to open the boxes and take pics of the parts in new condition. As you know sometimes a manufacturer will box the wrong part or put a damaged part in a factory sealed box. Sometimes the parts get damaged in shipping and you would never know because you didn't open the box.

At that point you, the seller would still be liable to reimburse the buyer because you sold defective parts.

Once again it's in your best interest to open the box and verify the parts. I really can't understand why you wouldn't want to protect yourself.

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Obviously if there was someone interested I would have no problem opening the boxes and taking pics. I just left them closed and sealed to keep them neat. I just didn't want to move open boxes around the garage. The parts in question are suspension parts, struts, shocks, springs etc. and I most likely would be asking for a local pick up since shipping would be so high anyway. I just wanted to stay within the rules.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
get the stuff out of the boxes for pics and put them back in. keep your garage clean for gosh sakes. I wouldn't buy a picture of a box. What if you got "took". you should at least put the effort in finding out what you're selling.

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Look, I just asked a simple question about procedure. Got my answer. And for gosh sakes my garage is clean.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back