Clutch whine

thetylerjames15

Reaction score
I'm new to the mustang world in my first week of buying my 2008 GT, I noticed that when I press the clutch down anytime, moving or not, it makes a strange noise, almost like a high pitched hum or a low pitched whine.. It seems like it's coming from the front of the car, but I am not sure... Is this normal or do I have a problem? My other vehicle which is a 98 Jeep Wrangler has never made this voice when I press down on the clutch.

JonT

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like the throw out bearing. Good luck with the car. Wish this was the least of my problems.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like the throw out bearing. Good luck with the car. Wish this was the least of my problems.

2ND, Its your throwout bearing. You have to pull the transmission out to replace it. If your clutch is worn out, this would be THE time to replace it. possibly buy a lightweight flywheel too... Unless you can deal with the sound,

Your looking at $400 to $500 labor only and about $150 for the throwout bearing.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
My car made a similar sound when the slave cylinder was going out. The sure sign of a slave going out is when it's difficult to get into 1st or reverse with the motor running.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back