Corbeau Seats?

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Looking for some honest opinions from Corbeau seat owners.

Im interested in getting a set of either the FX1, FX1 Pro's, or A4's. My main concerns/questions with these are:

FX1's- I have about a 32-33" waist, would these not hold snuggly enough. Maybe the extra couple inches of wiggle room would be better since my car is a DD.

Im concerned with it being a fixed back seat that is will sit too upright. Can anyone confirm if the seating angle is relaxed enough for DD.

FX1 Pro's- Same concerns as above with the FX1 but my mainly concerned if this seat would be too snug for DD.

A4's- My only concern here is the quality of the reclining hinge mechanism. Ive read a couple reviews on the A4 and people complained that the recline mechanism had sloppy play in it.

Other things that I cant decide on is if I want the black microsuede or the black cloth. I currently have the base cloth interior.

Open to all comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

-Nick

remainvayne

Reaction score
I run Microseude FX1 Pro's with a 32" waist and they have been one of my favorite mods so far. Yes they are snug, but that's why you buy a seat like the FX1 - to be held in tight. The fixed backs don't bother me one bit, but I'm never driving for more than a couple hours at a time.

They are a little tricky getting in and out of, but I wouldn't even consider that a complaint. My wife, however, thinks the seat bottoms are too hard, yet they don't bother me one bit. Can't beat the look and feel for the price!

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
I run Microseude FX1 Pro's with a 32" waist and they have been one of my favorite mods so far. Yes they are snug, but that's why you buy a seat like the FX1 - to be held in tight. The fixed backs don't bother me one bit, but I'm never driving for more than a couple hours at a time.

They are a little tricky getting in and out of, but I wouldn't even consider that a complaint. My wife, however, thinks the seat bottoms are too hard, yet they don't bother me one bit. Can't beat the look and feel for the price!

Thanks for the info!

How do you like the angle of the seats, do you feel like your sitting up too straight or are they angled back somewhat for a relaxed position?

Nick

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
No shit!

If I were you I would see if you can find someone local with them and sit in them before you buy a set.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
FX1s here. Seat back angle is spot on. Just be sure to get the double locking sliders.

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
I ran the fx1's for a season and they are great for the cost. Switched to sparco's though.

Number one thing to note. The seats will sit you ALOT lower in the car. My wife is 5'6" and she could barely see over the dash. I am 6'4" and I added a 1" spacer under the rear of the mount so I could see further ahead on the track. That was with the corbeau mounts sliders installed.

Quality wise they held up nicely. No complaints for me.

Comfort was very good for a fixed back racing seat as well.

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
i put the FX1 pro in my car and have a 34" waist. fits snug but comfortable as long as i take out my wallet.. i'm worried about gaining weight now.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
FX1s here. Seat back angle is spot on. Just be sure to get the double locking sliders.

+1, I have the FX1 Pros with the single locking slider and ended up flying all the way back on a 1.5 60ft. Definitely recommend the double locking sliders. I was also worried about the fixed angle in the seat when I bought mine, but they are perfect. I have a 34" waist and I think the seat is very comfy. One of my favorite mods.

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Let me know if you need brackets I have a set that I modded for a diff seat, but none if the Corbeau holes are messed up. Never even bolted in the car.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score

I have the same setup and sorta like the seats. At first, they were great. Now that my car is much faster in the corners than it once was, I find that I could use a seat that holds my upper body better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back