Current best tuner

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My first tune was from bama before AM took over. It was back when my Mustang just had CAI and delete plates. I was very happy with it and I got grandfathered into the AM tunes for life. I got many updates as I progressed through my mod journey. Headers, 127450 cams n/a, then 127450 cams with non intercooled Whipple then with stock cams & Whipple. They worked to help me pass emmisions every year and while sometimes it took several tries they always worked with me until the tune was right. I would probably still use an AM tune but they didn't want to try tuning the Whipple once I installed the big boost upgrade. Once you get boosted Manuel (lito) is the man but AM is very helpful and will work with you to make sure you are happy.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Brenspeed will not tune a procharged car either. I called two different times last year asking around one time was told prochargers are to hard to tune. Another time I was told procharger doesnt pay sponsorship money or something of that nature its been awhile. It seemed really dumb to me. Why would a dyno tuning shop turn away a car that would be tuned on there dyno not even a remote tune. Made no sense

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I've been very happy with my VMP tune and have gotten free revisions. But with my latest revision he told me none was needed and then 4 months later got back to me again said one was needed. I kind of scratched my head over that.

RedDragon777

forum member
Reaction score
I've been very happy with my VMP tune and have gotten free revisions. But with my latest revision he told me none was needed and then 4 months later got back to me again said one was needed. I kind of scratched my head over that.

That happens a lot, back when i was getting my tunes from Chris Rose he would always be in the shop tweaking away at tunes. Most of the time i would call the shop and they would just tell me to call the dyno shop cause CR was over there with another car so i always had tunes that were nothing more than a little tweak to the drive-by-wire or a little more pressure in my shifts and this was every month i would get an update.

On a side note, anyone have experience with Evolution and their tuning or should i stick to the idea that those guys are just for GT500s

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
If your willing to make the drive up here to Albuquerque, Chris Groves at The Dyno Edge would put down a tune second to none for you.

rayS197

Reaction score
Eric Brooks would be a person to contact for tuning. Im surprised no one has mentioned him. Eric can remote tune your car just as Lito would do. Very nice person to speak with and always answers his phone when I have questions. Give him a call.

http://www.brooksspeed.com/

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
If you liked Doug, maybe give him a shot at C & L. I was tempted to try tunes from him, but I'm thinking I might not notice a difference from Bama since he came from there.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Contact Ken at Lund/PBH . Something very important to remember is that generally a Good Tuner will not respond as quickly as you might like. When they are busy writing tunes or on the dyno they can't always respond quickly!

RedDragon777

forum member
Reaction score
I just checked out Brooks Speed, anyone know if the tuner he sells is just one tune or is it 3 when you buy an X3 from him? I usually like to keep an 87 or 89 Eco tune for when i travel since some place do not go up to 93 and only have 91. Plus having an 87 or 89 Eco is nice when 93 decides to go into the $4.15+ range

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Eric Brooks would be a person to contact for tuning. Im surprised no one has mentioned him. Eric can remote tune your car just as Lito would do. Very nice person to speak with and always answers his phone when I have questions. Give him a call.

http://www.brooksspeed.com/

Someone did.

They have always been pretty adamant about only tuning for certain combinations. I sold a guy a Paxton one time and they wouldn't tune it because it had 47lb injectors. He had to buy 39lb injectors before they would tune it.

FYI I'd take a tune from lito, Eric Brooks, or Justin via email before a dyno tune from a lot of places. IMO the wot stuff is the easy part. Datalogging and interpreting the data to make the car streetable is where the tuners skill comes into play. Once again that's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. A street pull at full load is far better than most dyno pulls. A loaded dyno can simulate it pretty good though.

If I was in your shoes I'd contact lito again and let him know about the future turbo plans. All you need for him to tune your car is a wideband that has a firewire output so it can be logged with the rest of the parameters.

Maybe you can stick with the tune you already have until the turbo install? If it's a good tune then there won't be much anyone can do to improve upon it.

Back