Custom Boss 302 Foglight Delete Kit

blahdo_s197gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I just wanted to post my experience with an idea I had. I wanted more airflow to go to my radiator, so I drilled some holes in my boss 302 foglight deletes. I thought they wouldn't look good, but they turned out great. I purchased two sets of MMD Boss 302 Foglight Delete's off american muscle for $9.99 on black friday in case I messed up, but if you're interested in doing this you'll only need one. Just take your time and drill your holes slowly and double check before drilling a hole. Start from the center with four holes, 2 to the right, and keep on going til you get to the tabs on the back of the foglight delete. Do that both times, and go all the way up until you have 2 uncut holes left (make sure it's centered!!). They should look like what I have shown below.

Note on drilling: Use a milk crate and drill between the holes in the milk crate. DO NOT DRILL HOLES WHILE IT'S INSTALLED ON THE CAR!

Note on installation: I found it easier to just completely remove the grille itself. Remove the 10mm bolts holding the radiator to the bumper, push up on the tabs into the grille, push back the four tabs on each side of the grille, then slide a long flathead and push up on the four tabs holding the bottom portion of the grille and bam its out!

As you can see in the later photos I ended up going wider by one more row of holes going down

IMG_0803_zps4c8e1ddb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Went a little wider

IMG_0804_zpsb9aad66d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back side of the foglight delete

IMG_0805_zps89a4cccc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished Foglight!

IMG_0809_zps65e27d30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Take the whole grille off, should look like this. Also any HID Kits just remove them completely, I just threw mine away. Don't forget to put electrical tape around the socket, put tons to ensure it'll stay dry and zip tie them under the radiator cover.

IMG_0810_zps1d7e06f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished Product!

IMG_0813_zps6db7660a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm only 19 years old and this was really easy. It doesn't take a genius to do this! If you have any questions just let me know. I hope it'll help out you guys who are supercharged/turbo'd for more air flow to keep the temps cooler.

If you want to see more photo's i'll be posting some more on my instagram. It's public so no need to follow, my instagram name is my forum username to anyone who'd like to see.

Enjoy! :beer:

BlackMustang690

BlackMustang690
Reaction score
Removing the fog lights does help a little with air flow to the radiator, I removed them and added a mesh and used small screw to hold it in place, I also cut some closed honeycombs out the main grille. What did you use to black out your Pony?

Attachments

• fog delete.jpg
    fog delete.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back